No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella on Sergio vs Golovkin: 'A fight that economically makes no sense'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
    As a floydiot, you should be able to spot ducking better than most.
    TS is still mad over this:

And that he lost $$$ on Martinez-Chavez fight cause he dunno his boxing and didn't see the beating Chavez had coming for him.

Don't mind him.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Martinez is definitely #1, but I wouldn't say Golovkin is #2.
      Geale, Stum, Golovkin

None of them really separated themselves from the pack imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Django~ View Post
        Naw man I cant buy that. The fight didn't have to be in Argentina. He sure as hell wasnt fighting the guys he called out (Cotto, Canelo, Floyd) in Argentina. They didnt even attempt to negotiate a deal with him. We have what DiBella said about on him record and why they didnt want the fight.

But when you turn around and fight Martin Murray people are going to call BS.
        He said directly after the Chavez fight that his next fight would be in Argentina to give his fans a big night.

He has been trying to get Cotto, Canelo, Pacquiao and Mayweather to fight for years now; it's become quite clear that none of them are up for it. Pacquiao is fighting Marquez, Mayweather seems part-retired again, Cotto is fighting Trout, Canelo is still picking on Jr. Welterweights while talking big....

Murray isn't a great fight, but the big money names he wanted are all tied up and Chavez is suspended, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          TS is still mad over this:

And that he lost $$$ on Martinez-Chavez fight cause he dunno his boxing and didn't see the beating Chavez had coming for him.

Don't mind him.
          Soooooo you have no comment on the opening post and the topic. Gotcha.
          Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 11-12-2012, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            He said directly after the Chavez fight that his next fight would be in Argentina to give his fans a big night.

He has been trying to get Cotto, Canelo, Pacquiao and Mayweather to fight for years now; it's become quite clear that none of them are up for it. Pacquiao is fighting Marquez, Mayweather seems part-retired again, Cotto is fighting Trout, Canelo is still picking on Jr. Welterweights while talking big....

Murray isn't a great fight, but the big money names he wanted are all tied up and Chavez is suspended, I believe.
            So if he said his next fight would be in Argentina was he just calling out Floyd, Canelo and Cotto for the hell of it?

GGG is no star but we cant pretend like Murray-Martinez is a better fight. Its not.

HBO could've got behind this and gave us a good World Championship boxing card. And now we get Martinez vs another scrub. Hes getting older why waste a fight on Murray.

Im trying to find Murays rank and I cant. Hes literally a nobody in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Yet Barker and Murray "economically make sense"?

Would Golovkin fight for Barker and Murray money?

Comment

How recent was that interview? I'm sure Martinez will fight Golovkin sometime next year. Golo just had his FIRST fight on hbo, give it some time jesus christ

Everyone is so eager to throw out the term "duck" these days it's getting tedious.

Comment

So if he said his next fight would be in Argentina was he just calling out Floyd, Canelo and Cotto for the hell of it?

GGG is no star but we cant pretend like Murray-Martinez is a better fight. Its not.

HBO could've got behind this and gave us a good World Championship boxing card. And now we get Martinez vs another scrub. Hes getting older why waste a fight on Murray.
                  He's been calling them to get them before now. How long do you expect him to wait for them to step up? It's been 3 years. Do you honestly think they would have fought him now, when they've avoided doing it for the last 3 years?

I don't think Murray is a good fight, but he's having a home fight for the first time in about 10 years and Murray was willing to go over and fight.

Comment

So you have no comment?
                    Dude there's no source of reference to say he's ducking Golovkin. It's not like Golovkin has been this guy who Martinez has been running away from for years. Hell, the majority of the people on this site 5 months ago didn't even know who he was an might've thought the name Golovkin was a German Big Mac w/ no cheese. Let's be real here, we all follow Boxing and know how to game works. I mean, people were calling so bad for Martinez vs Chavez Jr fight, now it's as if he should've never taken the fight because Chavez Jr sucks. Well which is it? LOL. It's like when people criticized Pacquiao for not fighting Valero with a 22-0 22 KOs record, but he was a virtual nobody at that point because he was fighting...NOBODIES. I'd like to see them fight eventually, but sayin Martinez is ducking Golovkin based off of a KO against a bum on HBO?

Not only that, but his next fight is like a coming home fight in Argentina isn't it? That on top of him getting knee surgery, I didn't think even then he was gonna fight a big name / #1-2 opponent.
                    Last edited by RL_GMA; 11-12-2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Somebody seems to still be mad about a certain KO

Comment

Working...
                      X