Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Understanding Pacquiao's past martial arts influence...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    I will say that being from the island, it's only natural that he would have an interest in the Filipino arts since he's a big B. Lee fan. In the meantime, his involvement has only been hearsay, unless he's chosen to keep his practice private.
    I'm from the islands as well and my father is the same hometown as Pacquiao's. (General Santos City)...but came here at an early age of 11 in 1979.

Here's one link but requires registration....http://www.********boxing.com/forum/...d.php?t=173455

Comment

Originally posted by TheMagicMan View Post
      Dude Aikido is like dancing, they dont actually spar or fight, they dance, and then youre supposed to pretend that moves are hitting you, its bull****. They dont actually apply wristlocks, they mime them, Segal is infamous for not going along with his opponents moves and for applying real pressure on his moves.
      You know when you played with toy guns as kids and would point your gun at someone and say "Bam, I got you" and the one kid who always would be like, no youd idnt, I have a forcefield up, or that missed me, or I dodged it, thats Segal.

Comment

Dude Aikido is like dancing, they dont actually spar or fight, they dance, and then youre supposed to pretend that moves are hitting you, its bull****. They dont actually apply wristlocks, they mime them, Segal is infamous for not going along with his opponents moves and for applying real pressure on his moves.
        I have many friends into Aikido. I am now practicing Tai chi from Jeet Kune Do days and FMA days....

I don't know where you are getting your information but though Hollywood has distorted the martial arts (and Hong Kong), much of it are not revealing the true teachings of it.

Aikido is the way of the energy. They do multiple "sparring" called RANDORI.

Comment

You know when you played with toy guns as kids and would point your gun at someone and say "Bam, I got you" and the one kid who always would be like, no youd idnt, I have a forcefield up, or that missed me, or I dodged it, thats Segal.
          Then I would highly suggest that at least seek it to know it. You have much distorted "knowledge" of Aikido then.

Comment

I dont really draw comparisons with a guy like pac to someone who is a martial artist. He doesnt really follow through with the lifestyle that embodies it. He parties alot, and its not like he is truely 24/7 dedicated to boxing, if he was, you would see him be alot more technically sound than he is, and no, his new additions have made him an improved fighter, but he is nowhere near the tactician/student that a Bernard Hopkins is.

Whatever connection he has to martial arts is purely a fan type thing and thats it. Pac relies far too much on natural ability (speed, great chin, natural punching power), with little to no inside fighting, nothing on the clinch, and very little from the outside, and so/so counterpunching.

Ive said it before and ill say it again, the only thing pac and bruce lee have in common is they are both asian. Guys like Mayweather Jr and Hopkins far more embody that lifestyle more than anyone else in the game. They know the ins, the outs and they take their physical regimen extremely serious. They rarely drink if ever and stay in shape 24/7/

This little fantasy post is way off.

A guy like Bruce Lee could continue fighting for years even when his natural abilities have left him. If pac loses just a little punch resistence or speed, thats it for him.

Comment

pacquiao was a chicken wing fu expert when he got ktfo by torrecampo.

i'll take western boxing and muay thai over all the chinese kung pao shrimp garbage.

Comment

i dont think pac trained on anything except boxing plus the experience of fighting in the streets for survival. In his early days, he just fought to get a few cents so he can feed his family.

Comment

Floyd also learn from Bruce: The art of fighting without fighting.

Comment

Floyd is also a martial artist. He studied "Wing Chikn"!

Comment

just because he idolized Bruce Lee doesn't mean he actually trained in the martial arts

the mother****er could barely afford food, like he's could afford karate lessons

Comment

Working...
                      X