Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Eubank, Jr. and Carl Froch sparring.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
    Eubanks needs to rematch Bjs, and take his title.
    Eubank fought the wrong fight. He thinks too highly of himself as a boxer, and at the higher levels to me that fight proved that he can't 'box' with those types of guys.

As soon as he started working BJS over with workrate he took control and I think that is the style that is going to be most effective for him at elite level. He needs to be a high work rate swarmer, with some boxing in between. With that style he would be a nightmare for anyone, because he has an elite chin, speed, and very good technique. Those types of fighters are rare, and thus you can't prepare for them. Aaron Pryor used that style, and I really think Eubank has similar attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Froch the worst jab I've ever seen from a top contender.

Ray
      CarL Froch's jab was one of his best assets, from a technical perspective it was not clear? as a fighter what Carl Froch did great besides from being tough/strong and very determined. But he was able to land punches on every single fighter he stepped inside the ring with, and he landed more upon Andre Ward than Kovalev! Watching Carl Froch is like watching a old film recording, before the times of digital films! there are frames missing! that only become apparent when you step inside of the ring with him. His Jab is probably the only punch in his offensive arsenal that he could throw with text book style, every other punch was awkward and looked slow! and strange.

Comment

..text book style???? Really who the hell have you ever fought or taught?

The guy "rows" his jab almost 90% of the time it's thrown.
        If he ever fought some of the greats he'd be eating right hands as he throws it and get hurt pretty badly from it!
        His jab stinks!

Ray

Comment

Carl looks tired as F. I'm guessing it was near the end of the day for him and Chris was fresh. Regardless, good work by Chris. They were going in really damn hard.

Comment

Froch the worst jab I've ever seen from a top contender.
            Worse than Gene Fullmer!??

Comment

A tie ok? Froch wishes he had the Fullmer toughness.

As bad as Gene's technique was he was twice the fighter that Froch is.

Ray

Comment

..text book style???? Really who the hell have you ever fought or taught?

The guy "rows" his jab almost 90% of the time it's thrown.
                If he ever fought some of the greats he'd be eating right hands as he throws it and get hurt pretty badly from it!
                His jab stinks!

Ray
                His Jab basically shut down George Groves, and it also nullified Jermaine Taylor during the second half of their fight. His jab was not a text book amateur styled jab, but he shot his jab from down below very well! (Allot of fighters such as Lennox Lewis also adopted that style of Jab!)......He also out jabbed Kessler in their second fight.

So therefore his Jab does not stink, if it was one of the major variables in him winning fights! sometimes in life mate, you have to set aside the personal kinks that you like in a fighter! (In order to astutely analyse their style), that is exactly what i have done on this thread! (I don't particularity like Froch's style technically etc)...

Give it a try!
                Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-09-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

"Mate" do whats best for you, personally I wouldn't watch 10 seconds of Carl Froch. He will never be remembered for anything in the ring.
                  The current day mediocre fighters are "famous" for being "current". Since their watered down champions in your "current era" you think their special. He fought a few decent guys but when he fought a current A fighter (Ward) he got beat.
                  Kessler, Bute, Taylor (was overweight) Groves are no where near ATG's and are good wins for a C+ B- talent which is what he was.

If you think he's great it's ok by me, I think he's limited guy who got by with a career that featured only 35 fights, big deal.

Ray

Comment

ray you talk way to much sense for todays crop of fans , so many are only in touch with todays crop of spoon fed saftey first fighters who don't take chances due to money to be made fighting nobodies that they don't acknowledge past greats for what they were , I see fans posting how bad joe frazier and past fighters are and would have no chance with todays era , whereas the truth is there not even in the same league.

Comment

"Mate" do whats best for you, personally I wouldn't watch 10 seconds of Carl Froch. He will never be remembered for anything in the ring.
                      The current day mediocre fighters are "famous" for being "current". Since their watered down champions in your "current era" you think their special. He fought a few decent guys but when he fought a current A fighter (Ward) he got beat.
                      Kessler, Bute, Taylor (was overweight) Groves are no where near ATG's and are good wins for a C+ B- talent which is what he was.

If you think he's great it's ok by me, I think he's limited guy who got by with a career that featured only 35 fights, big deal.

Ray
                      Proofs in the pudding as usual. I remember reading how the intrepid Froch was going to beat the stuffing out of Ward. Well...To say Ward "beat Froch" is kinda like saying "Custer lost." Froch could not come close to Ward, he was outclassed talent wise. Every now and then there is a little Froch party on the boards where all great things boxing revolve around Froch and his no nonsense, hard nosed, take no prisoners brand of.... Class C talent?

Elroy said it best: " In the olden times Froch would have been heavyweight champ of the world!!!" yeahp and Grant was a great general....just as great as Lee was!
                      Last edited by billeau2; 02-11-2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X