Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Crawford be favorite with Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Crawford but too many people are giving Pac no credit. Even at this stage, I think Pac can drop Crawford. His speed is still elite and he has the power to keep Crawford at bay. It should be very close at times but when Pac steps on the gas, I think he can overwhelm Crawford.

Comment

Crawford should and will be the favorite. And not because of the loss to Floyd, but moreso being outboxed in 4 fights with JMM. Ask yourself is 40 year old blown up lightweight JMM better than a 28 year old prime Terrance Crawford with superior handspeed and boxing ability? I don't think so.

Also people don't realize Pac has lost all of his KO power. I mean Bradley, the most featherfisted puncher in the division, was able to KO Rios, and Pacquaio hit Rios with 1000000000000 shots and still never hurt him.

Prime Pac would massacre Crawford, but this version of Pac loses a clear UD 8-4

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
        Crawford's walk around weight is 180 lbs. who would have thought. TC is a bigger man.

He is definitely a live dog. That's why I like it. Win lose or draw for Pac. He fought the best there is till the end.
        Yeah there's no doubt TC is the biggest challenge for Pacman and he would get credit for this fight even if he were to lose. Imagine the backlash if he were to fight Khan and KO him in 5. I think they are just using Khan for negotiating leverage though since he is on the Haymon side of things. I think the two real options are TC and Bradley because Pac-Khan isn't big enough business for Arum to leave the in-house model. From that perspective, TC is the fresh match up and the bigger challenge. A third Bradley fight will just play out with Pacman earning another decision victory in a fight we have seen already. TC is probably also a cheaper alternative and Pac likely gets a bigger slice of the pie than against established commodity Bradley. The fact that people are saying this is a pass the torch kind of fight really does show that Pacman at this stage in his career taking on a prime Crawford is a fight where he should be viewed as the under dog. If he were to win it there would be no better way to ride off into the sunset.

Comment

I'm a Crawford guy and I don't see him bringing anything to the table that Bradley did. I think Bradley is superior.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
            I'm a Crawford guy and I don't see him bringing anything to the table that Bradley did. I think Bradley is superior.
            The definite tools TC brings is superior punching power and more polished technique. I will say Bradley is more athletic, ultra conditioned and iron willed. TC has yet to have his will truly tested but he did show resolve when Gamboa landed big shots on him. Since you bring up Bradley I think him fighting TC would be one heck of a fight. Crawford should be the guy to get the Pacman shot IMO though. He's ready and couldn't be on a better streak.

Comment

Crawford has never done anything remotely worth favoring him over Pacquiao, not even Pacquiao right now. And he is far from proven as the best fighter at 140. He might be, but he has a ways to go to prove it.

Comment

of course and ur bumb if u think otherwise

firstly,bud can fight southpaw and hes slick and defensive,a style that pac has shown he doesnt know how to face

plus hes a good counter puncher and he got power to,pac is going to get clowned on very easy fight to preduct

Comment

Originally posted by HenryXXX View Post
                  Crawford should and will be the favorite. And not because of the loss to Floyd, but moreso being outboxed in 4 fights with JMM. Ask yourself is 40 year old blown up lightweight JMM better than a 28 year old prime Terrance Crawford with superior handspeed and boxing ability? I don't think so.

Also people don't realize Pac has lost all of his KO power. I mean Bradley, the most featherfisted puncher in the division, was able to KO Rios, and Pacquaio hit Rios with 1000000000000 shots and still never hurt him.

Prime Pac would massacre Crawford, but this version of Pac loses a clear UD 8-4
                  Crawford's never done anything to show he's better than any version of Marquez that fought Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Crawford's never done anything to show he's better than any version of Marquez that fought Pacquiao.
                    Have to agree..

Although I believe stylistically, Marquez loses to Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                    X