Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Facing Crawford: To Be Applauded or Condemned?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davef View Post
    How the hell is he even 3rd in the WBO rankings he hasn't fought anyone worth a damn at WW since 2014

Im not going to applaud a guy who gets bigs fights because he no chin when there are 7 fighters in the WBO top ten who are undefeated and up and coming who deserve a shot not this clown who is used by other fighters to add to their ko highlights video
    Arum owns the WBO, and with Arum, all things are possible!

Comment

What has Khan EVER done at welterweight to deserve a world title shot....NOTHING ! never ever fought a top welterweight contender.The kid who was 'going to clear out the welterweight division'....sorry ...lol.

I have read boxing news for years and am a avid listener to Trix who is normally well measured,balanced and concise in his reports and articles. On this occasion i'm not so sure he's gone the full hog.The silver meddle win was 2004 , the fighters he fought beat and lost to were many,many moons ago .You are only as good as your last fight , I've heard Trix say over the years why has he missed this here ?

Amir Khan simply should not be in the ring with a top young warrior like Bud , this is a complete miss match with a likely chance that Khan will be seriously hurt .

Bob Arum is just looking for a safe fall guy .Khan takes this fight for many millions less than fighting a guy he knows will definitely clear him out and finish what little is left.

Look for this to be a totally embarrassing mismatch and show where Khan really is.

Comment

Can't live with a Brook loss on his record, but he sure can live with staring at the ceiling again from a non-Brit Knocking Him spark out.

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5
          Khan's experience and handspeed will make this intriguing he ain't no Jeff Horn thats for sure.
          Have you forgotten what Horn did to Manny?! Khan is going to get f***ed up bad. If Crawford could stop Horn he will kill CON in 4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy-101 View Post
            It's funny seeing you lot get you panties in a twist when it comes to khan. If you see it from his point of view he is actually making a smart business decision in getting 5 million to fight bud and regardless of winning or losing the brook fight will alway be there no matter what hearns says.
            The Brook fight is dead. Khan will forever be remembered as a diva piece of s*** that ducked the biggest payday of his career just because he couldn't handle the thought of getting beat by Brook and we all know that's what was going down. Khan is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
              You know what's weird is i was listening to radio 5 the other day and even steve bunce wasn't trying to make a case for Khan in this fight whatsoever

Even for canelo there were a few people saying he had a slim chance, but now he is well and truly an "opponent"
              Steve Bunce who has been a long time friend of Khan's actually said after his last showing that he NEVER wants to see Khan in the ring again and against one of the top young guns who can do massive damage it just shouldn't be allowed.

Comment

Unbelievable. England’s “Broner”.

Comment

Khan doesn't deserve a title shot, that is obvious. Quite a few champions have given them to what we consider non deserving contenders though with voluntary defenses. In reality it should be a non-title fight but the ABC's are a joke for the most part, and will make sure they are ranked in the top 15 so the fight can be sanctioned.

I like the fact that Khan is fighting Crawford, because he is arguably a tougher fight than Brook, so I am fine with that. To me the Brook/Khan fight is way past due, and other than UK bragging rights for the winner, it isn't a major fight.

To beat someone like Khan, for Crawford it may be his toughest fight to date, and a good name for his resume. Oddly enough, a few on this site are thinking he is a live dog due to the style match-up.

Comment

has everyone suddenly forgot that khan was just dropped and came close to being knocked out agaisnt Samuel vargas FFS?

Comment

Applauded Crawford is more high risk, less reward. He could've fought Brook for more money and would've been an easier fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X