Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Have Atleast $1000 Saved In Case of An Emergency?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    I got very little in savings and not much else my name either at the moment. Shelling out a grand at this time for something unexpected would suck.

I'm self employed and I'm currently owed a nice chunk of money but spread out among numerous clients. I will also be owed another nice chunk once I get to bill the stuff I'm currently working also. Problem is, who the hell knows when I'm gonna get paid. That's the risk you run when you don't have a normal job with a set schedule.
    What kind of business do your run?

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      Man...I'm so lucky to be Canadian. I've never seen a medical bill in my life or ever given any thought to what it costs.
      Count your blessings. We have dumbazz
      Trump for a president

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Not at the time I'm afraid. The most insulting part is that the bill came with a blank check, like I was gonna pay it off right then and there.

I talked them down to a lower number and paid on it monthly.
        How much were you able to knock them down to? Usually if they know you don't have insurance they'll work with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
          Count your blessings. We have dumbazz
          Trump for a president
          Why do people from Canada come to the US for healthcare? Why do they buy insurance for US HC?

Did Obama give everyone free HC? Did I miss something?

Comment

1,000? Man, that is nothing for men with kids, a mortgage, bills, cars, ect.

At the minimum you need 10k stored away or you're screwed.

Comment

I saved up 100k first. I dint buy any house or expensive purchase. After I had that saved up I diversified my profolio by having the remainder of my salaries in low, moderate, and aggressive funds. I know it’s not smart to have my 100k on regular CD but I like the idea of not owning house and have the peace of mind that if anything happened with my job I’ll be fine. Also I like that I can easily quit my job if I no longer like it. Kinda gives me an edge with my boss in negotiation table

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                What kind of business do your run?
                Won't get into specifics on this dump but I guess you say I'm a foot soldier in the legal industry.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                  I saved up 100k first. I dint buy any house or expensive purchase. After I had that saved up I diversified my profolio by having the remainder of my salaries in low, moderate, and aggressive funds. I know it’s not smart to have my 100k on regular CD but I like the idea of not owning house and have the peace of mind that if anything happened with my job I’ll be fine. Also I like that I can easily quit my job if I no longer like it. Kinda gives me an edge with my boss in negotiation table
                  Buying a home can be a good for investment. We have 200k in equity in 4 years from purchase. You can sell high, rent invest then buy when it's low again. Cycles are about 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    Man...I'm so lucky to be Canadian. I've never seen a medical bill in my life or ever given any thought to what it costs.
                    You pay through your taxes.

Ain't no free lunches.

You ever had to wait for procedures, or know anyone who has?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      You pay through your taxes.

Ain't no free lunches.

You ever had to wait for procedures, or know anyone who has?
                      **** American taxes are high and my job insurance sucks. I rather take the ladder and agree with the Canadian. Eye insurance should be mandatory for us jobs. $400 at the eye doctor damn shame.

Comment

Working...
                      X