Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a prime Terry Norris clean out current 154-160lb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    It can never be proven one way or the other. If it were possible to bring back the prime Morris and put him in the ring with Canelo I would bet as much money as I could on Canelo to win by KO. An average boxer named Brown dropped Norris with a stiff left jab and Norris never recovered from that jab. He had good skills but a weak chin and poor powers of recovery. Canelo could take his power but he could not take Canelo's power.
    your under esitmating norris's skill set my good man

Comment

Anti-doping a new thing...

Comment

Terry was one of the most complete fighters I've ever seen but it was his chin that cost him numerous times, skillwise he could beat all the current 154 pounders and a lot of the top 160 pounders but it's not only about skills, chin and mental toughness are huge factors in boxing too and he didn't have that, so I wouldn't say he would clean out but he'd definitley be in the mix.

Comment

154 yes 160 no but if you put Julian Jackson or Gerald Mc Clem at 160 they would clean out that division of today

Comment

norrs beat leonard therefore he would beat anyone. beating old fighters is not just for floyd you know

Comment

He was badly hurt by unknown fighters when he squared up his stance and Welterweight Simon Brown torched him. His chin would not hold up to top 154 pounders let alone 160 pounders.

Comment

He'd have a good chance to beat alot of them, but he can get kod any second against some of them too

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  norrs beat leonard therefore he would beat anyone. beating old fighters is not just for floyd you know
                  I see what you did there. I like it.

Comment

yea 154 I think he would beat everyone except MAYBE Charlo.At 160 he would have probs with the top guys who can punch(GGG,Jacobs,Charlo)I think him and Canelo would be tough(style) could go either way.Could see Canelo winning 1st and Norris boxing more in 2nd and winning.Norris did not have great chin but guts and confidence can make up a little bit.He showed he could come back from a bad KO and fight smarter and win(Brown).

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      He was badly hurt by unknown fighters when he squared up his stance and Welterweight Simon Brown torched him. His chin would not hold up to top 154 pounders let alone 160 pounders.
                      I t held up vs Brown in rematch and also vs Pettway.Terry could fight smarter when he needed to.

Comment

Working...
                      X