Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua's win over Wladimir Klitschko will be greater than his win over Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Oh please tell me where I can see that post
    " Ok but offensively he's (Parker ) superior to Ruiz and Takam, even more so than Klitschko, he'll throw punches. Did Klitschko throw anything before he was knocked down, and seriously what did he even throw after the round he dropped AJ. "

Thats a small portion of it in the Higgins claiming Joshua promoter is greedy thread posted by weiland a true top head case as well on here .

Go through the entire section for some high quality fun . keep in mind hes comparing 41 yr old Klitchko but one has to be a dummy to suggest Parkers skills better still .

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      AJ had trouble with Takam and didn't win every round or score a clean KO without help from the bias referee. Aj gassed out and was only throwing about 20 punches each round. So how is he going to easily beat and dominate Wilder and win every round?Wilder is much taller and faster than Takam and he hits much harder. Wilder throws over twice as many punches per round on average than AJ and he doesn't gas out like AJ does. It's not a matter of being on anyone's bandwagon. It's a matter of watching every fight they have and adding up the strengths and weaknesses of the two boxers and making a guess at who would win. I am not a fan of either AJ or Wilder and my guess is either man could win by KO because they both have great punching power and average chins. I would favor Wilder because of better speed and stamina. As for Wlad he was a good champion for many years and defeated all comers for a long time. Still he has been KOed several times by heavyweights who were not outstanding and he wasn't a ball of fire in his loss to Fury.

Actually, Anthony Joshua did a better job against Carlos Takam in merely his 20th fight than Deontay Wilder did against Johan Duhapas in his 35th fight. Both Takam and Duhapas are similar level of opposition. Yet, Wilder looked worse against Duhapas than Joshua did against Takam.

Furthermore, you can't rationally use Joshua's performance against Takam and claim that the problems Joshua had against Takam are going to be a factor against Wilder. They are both different stylistically. As you correctly stated, Wilder throws more punches. Ergo, he is more likely to get countered more frequently. This is something Wilder's past opponents couldn't do because they were low level opposition.

As for Joshua's stamina problems, those are over exaggerated. Joshua only showed those symptoms against Wladimir Klitschko because he was badly hurt after he got dropped. He was attempting to recover and Wladimir Klitschko is the most powerful puncher in heavyweight boxing history, proven by his record. Chances are, if Wilder faced Wladimir Klitschko, he would show worse signs than simply gassing out. He would more likely get knocked out cold (as he apparently did in sparring).

As for Wilder being faster. He only looks faster because of poor technique. He really isn't any faster than Joshua or Wladimir Klitschko. Trust me on this! An amateur swimmer splashing the water with their hands as fast as possible would appear faster than a pro swimmer who is gliding through the water using minimal energy / effort. Doesn't mean they really are! Wilder is similar in this case.

Also, Joshua (and Takam as well) didn't fully prepare for their fight due to short notice. Assuming Joshua and Wilder are going to be fully prepared. We're bound to see the best possible version of Joshua at this stage of his career facing Wilder who would be better prepared than how he was against Carlos Takam.

Ultimately, Wladimir Klitschko is better than Deontay Wilder in nearly every possible department. Even that version which fought Anthony Joshua. Ergo, Anthony Joshua would have an even easier time against Deontay Wilder.

Comment

So suddenly a wlad coming off 2 terrible performances was a great wlad

He jus magically turned back the clock?

That **** doesnt happen

What happens is he gets matched with someone that suits him better stylistically...someone who gasses so hes not nade to work and can take his time like he prefers to, someone without a good jab, someone not used to fighting on back foot, someone with no head movement....someone like aj

Wlad looked **** in aj fight too. All this mythical Wlad going back in time **** is jus made-up so that aj fans can revel in the win more

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          So suddenly a wlad coming off 2 terrible performances was a great wlad

He jus magically turned back the clock?

That **** doesnt happen

What happens is he gets matched with someone that suits him better stylistically...someone who gasses so hes not nade to work and can take his time like he prefers to, someone without a good jab, someone not used to fighting on back foot, someone with no head movement....someone like aj

Wlad looked **** in aj fight too. All this mythical Wlad going back in time **** is jus made-up so that aj fans can revel in the win more
          You probably don't get the point. Wladimir Klitschko was certainly not as good against Anthony Joshua as he was during his prime. However, that version of Wlad was still better than any version of Deontay Wilder in terms of technique and every meaningful attribute. It's not a testament to Wladimir Klitschko being at his absolute best against Anthony Joshua, but a testament to how poor Wilder is that a 41 year old Wlad would still be a better challenge for Joshua than prime Deontay Wilder.

Comment

If AJ did manage spark him in a few rounds 100% he would be seen as a Michael Grant in the immediate aftermath. That is the danger of the fight for both men actually.

I don't actually see both men emerging with a lot of credit. One of them is going to get an absolute shoeing.

Whether or not that would be an unfair comparison would depend on what Wilder did after. Wilder would come back, imo.
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-16-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              Whats more disturbing is Parker being better OFFENSIVELY than Klitchko ,that Weiland kid is on crack ,im convinced ! lol
              Lol I think that about a lot of posters with the crazy stuff I read on here

Comment

Working...
              X