No announcement yet.

Wilder OWNED again! Hearn tells IT LIKE IT IS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    its funny to read all the UK papers and sites that claimed it was 100 million dollar fight...now all of the sudden it doesn't come close?

where do u think those UK papers/sites got the idea? they just made it up?
    I think I came across 2 papers in the UK (The Telegraph and one other) which stated a figure of £60-70 ish million. That's pounds btw, not dollars. Neither of them quoted Hearn directly, Matchroom which is the company he runs or AJ the fighter he promotes.

Both of those articles did quote a particular individual, do you know who it was? Mr Finkel.

As AJ said, back up the $100 million claim and put $50 million on the contract lol It really is that simple.

Shelley "we're working on a counter" Finkel hasn't replied.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      I think I came across 2 papers in the UK (The Telegraph and one other) which stated a figure of £60-70 ish million. That's pounds btw, not dollars. Neither of them quoted Hearn directly, Matchroom which is the company he runs or AJ the fighter he promotes.

Both of those articles did quote a particular individual, do you know who it was? Mr Finkel.

As AJ said, back up the $100 million claim and put $50 million on the contract lol It really is that simple.

Shelley "we're working on a counter" Finkel hasn't replied.
      I saw more than one article from uk papers without a quote from finkel saying the fight was a 100 mil fight....whered they get that wild notion?

Comment

Does Hearn have a provision for what happens if the fight does generate more than the $40M he projects?

Comment

when fat dan calls your offer a joke...its a joke
          Fat Dan is good friends with Wilder .

You know whats a joke?

Thinking this fight is 100 Million and it would taken place in VEGAS .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Fat Dan is good friends with Wilder .

You know whats a joke?

Thinking this fight is 100 Million and it would taken place in VEGAS .
            fat dan was also good friends with pac....he talked about what an honor it was that pac invited him into his hotel room to rewatch pac/cotto with him....and dan always said nice things about pac and doted over him

and then wrote an article blaming bob arum for Floyd/pac not happening

nice try though

when fat dan calls your offer a joke...its a joke...a bad one

Comment

Britain probably has some of the worst newspapers of any in the English speaking world. Tabloid newspapers. Believe me I read the soccer transfer rumors in the off season and holy f!ck they get I'd say 2% at most of what they project correctly and I'm probably being generous there. Using them as a reference is hilarious.

Wilder talks a lot and Hearn talks a lot. Wilder has stopped talking since Hearn's more than generous offer and if he signs to fight Brezeale soon then his actions will speak loudly. At least do your counter offer don't just decline and fight another bum.

Food for thought. A lot of folks said tickets cost about $50-100 at Wembley so let's say it's $100 per seat that's $9m at the gate and the PPV over there is $20 each let's say it does 2 million that's $40m on the high end so it's a $50m fight and then you've got to pay the venue and Hearn probably needs to get paid so let's say that's 30% or so (on the low end wouldn't be surprised if it's 50%) so the split between the fighters is $35m MAYBE so $12.5m of that is around 35% or so which sounds reasonable and probably more in the realms of reality than the $100m the tabloids or Wilder's team think.

Comment

I saw more than one article from uk papers without a quote from finkel saying the fight was a 100 mil fight....whered they get that wild notion?
                I dunno, you'd have to ask the journalists who wrote it.

Can you quote me the articles and the newspapers? I guarantee none of them claim Hearn says that otherwise they would be sued.

Bottom line is, with Finkel is saying it's a $100 million fight, then pay up $50 mill, its as simple as that.

Comment

If the fight is worth $40M in UK they should move it to Vegas it will definitely make more than that for undisputed HW championship fight

UK is not about that life

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Britain probably has some of the worst newspapers of any in the English speaking world. Tabloid newspapers. Believe me I read the soccer transfer rumors in the off season and holy f!ck they get I'd say 2% at most of what they project correctly and I'm probably being generous there. Using them as a reference is hilarious.

Wilder talks a lot and Hearn talks a lot. Wilder has stopped talking since Hearn's more than generous offer and if he signs to fight Brezeale soon then his actions will speak loudly. At least do your counter offer don't just decline and fight another bum.

Food for thought. A lot of folks said tickets cost about $50-100 at Wembley so let's say it's $100 per seat that's $9m at the gate and the PPV over there is $20 each let's say it does 2 million that's $40m on the high end so it's a $50m fight and then you've got to pay the venue and Hearn probably needs to get paid so let's say that's 30% or so (on the low end wouldn't be surprised if it's 50%) so the split between the fighters is $35m MAYBE so $12.5m of that is around 35% or so which sounds reasonable and probably more in the realms of reality than the $100m the tabloids or Wilder's team think.
                    I'm still waiting for that counter offer Finkel was working on

Comment

fat dan was also good friends with pac....he talked about what an honor it was that pac invited him into his hotel room to rewatch pac/cotto with him....and dan always said nice things about pac and doted over him

and then wrote an article blaming bob arum for Floyd/pac not happening

nice try though

when fat dan calls your offer a joke...its a joke...a bad one
                      What does Arum have to do with a Pacman fight to that of Dan being DIRECT friends with Wilder ( the ACTUAL fighter ) ?

Also Hearn put Dan in his place not long ago when he tried accusing Hearn of something ? At a press conference so theres that !
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-20-2018, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X