No announcement yet.

Josh Kelly: The New Pretty Boy of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Kelly: The New Pretty Boy of Boxing

Fights in the welterweight division and elusive as hell.

I'd love to see this guy against someone like...Danny Garcia. Just to see if he gets caught with the no-look-left-hook. Or if he could stay away from Porter's pressure.
    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 04-23-2018, 09:12 PM.

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Fights in the welterweight division and elusive as hell.

I'd love to see this guy against someone like...Danny Garcia. Just to see if he gets caught with the no-look-left-hook. Or if he could stay away from Porter's pressure.
    How about we see Kelly fight a few levels up before we start anointing him; after basically sawing through the first 5 fights, he's already been extended the full fight distance twice (10 rounds against Carlos Molina).

Let's see what he does with a guy like Diego Chaves, or Luis Collazo, or Jamal James first.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      How about we see Kelly fight a few levels up before we start anointing him; after basically sawing through the first 5 fights, he's already been extended the full fight distance twice (10 rounds against Carlos Molina).

Let's see what he does with a guy like Diego Chaves, or Luis Collazo, or Jamal James first.
      I like the Collazo fight for Kelly, may be too soon but would tell us a lot about the guy.

Comment

Everyone likes someone who avoids punches at close range relying on his reflexes. But as the comp increases he'll have to change that you'd think.

Comment

He went 6 in his first and steamrolled the bloke and then absolutely dominated Molina in his last fight... I could hardly give Molina a round.

I don't think he'll ever be a power puncher against higher opposition but he readily admitted he found it hard to connect with Molina because the punch - footwork ratio was so out of kilter he couldn't put big combinations together. If that's the first thing out of the kids mouth when he's interviewed post fight then it's a good sign he isn't getting carried away and knows what he needs to do to excel against higher opponents.

I reckon he could win a world title but whether or not he can defend it or unify with the best in the division is up in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
            He went 6 in his first and steamrolled the bloke and then absolutely dominated Molina in his last fight... I could hardly give Molina a round.

I don't think he'll ever be a power puncher against higher opposition but he readily admitted he found it hard to connect with Molina because the punch - footwork ratio was so out of kilter he couldn't put big combinations together. If that's the first thing out of the kids mouth when he's interviewed post fight then it's a good sign he isn't getting carried away and knows what he needs to do to excel against higher opponents.

I reckon he could win a world title but whether or not he can defend it or unify with the best in the division is up in the air.
            A fair assessment, but there's a massive difference between where you are on Josh Kelly and where the thread starter is on Josh Kelly.

Comment

A fair assessment, but there's a massive difference between where you are on Josh Kelly and where the thread starter is on Josh Kelly.
              True.... it makes me bite my fist in cringe when people compare him to loma purely because of that "matrix" style..

There's plenty of fighters out there that exhibit the style, one coming from the same gym in Ryan Burnett, i dare say we'd be laughed out the building if someone compared him to lomachenko lol

Comment

He definitely looks like one to keep an eye on. Only been a pro 12 months so no need to rush him.

Comment

He looks too much like DLH, too clean cut for my taste, probably a ***g0t behind doors

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                    He looks too much like DLH, too clean cut for my taste, probably a ***g0t behind doors
                    u the type of dude who would rather get pounded by angulo from behind, i can vibe with that

Comment

Working...
                    X