Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why come bodyshots made the difference for ward, but when Maidana beat floyds body,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody overlooked it, that's why so many had the Maidana fight so close. Nobody argued that Maidana's body shots don't count.

Why does NSB always try to discredit one fight by using another totally unrelated fight that didn't play out the same way?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Nobody overlooked it, that's why so many had the Maidana fight so close. Nobody argued that Maidana's body shots don't count.

Why does NSB always try to discredit one fight by using another totally unrelated fight that didn't play out the same way?
      What he said, ^^^^^^^^ excellent!

Comment

• SOG Ward in response to the OP (Why come?):

Comment

• Why come indeed OP. Why come indeed.

Comment

• the demographic score the way it suits them?who knew

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Or maybe they're saying it was close?

Why do you refuse to admit the fight was close when basically every single scorecard from press row was close and a quarter of them had Ward winning?

And your logic is flawed because I was cheering for Kovalev.

It was a close fight and plenty of people feel that way, it's just that simple man.
              i saw the fight 7-5 for kovalev, if you wanna call it close, fine, but with the KD it's not that close anymore, to me it was a clear W for sergey.

plus 2 of the officials scorecards had kovalev winning just 1 round of the last 8, just one round after the fourth. i just can't see ward winning 6 rounds in this fight, let alone 7.

Comment

• Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
                everyone overlooked it?

Seems to be the only thing that ward sympathizers have to lean on, "he did more body work", as if somehow, he gets extra credit for tapping Kovalevs sides.

But when Maidana was battering Floyds body in the first fight,

*crickets*
                ?

Ward didn't outbox Kovalev. Didn't outslug him. Didn't control the pace. Had no effective aggression, very little defense.

So how did he win so many rounds?

Oh yea,

bodywork.
                Change your name to Tears of Boxing. I had Kov winning 114-113 but even you have to admit the fight was close.

Bringing up Floyd is very desperate on your part.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 11-22-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  i saw the fight 7-5 for kovalev, if you wanna call it close, fine, but with the KD it's not that close anymore, to me it was a clear W for sergey.

plus 2 of the officials scorecards had kovalev winning just 1 round of the last 8, just one round after the fourth. i just can't see ward winning 6 rounds in this fight, let alone 7.
                  You scored it 7-5 for Kovalev which is a card that's very easy to justify.

What you're failing to realise is some of those rounds you scored for Kovalev could easily have been scored the other way.

Your card only needs a 2 round swing for it to be scored for Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    You scored it 7-5 for Kovalev which is a card that's very easy to justify.

What you're failing to realise is some of those rounds you scored for Kovalev could easily have been scored the other way.

Your card only needs a 2 round swing for it to be scored for Ward.
                    those rounds you say that could be scored the other way are the rounds were they spent most of the time wrestling and grabbing each other? i really don't understand what do you guys see that ward did to get him 7 rounds

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      those rounds you say that could be scored the other way are the rounds were they spent most of the time wrestling and grabbing each other? i really don't understand what do you guys see that ward did to get him 7 rounds
                      Landed solid jabs, body work, left hook upstairs (seldom), defense, etc.

What you're failing to understand is that a lot of the rounds were close. You have a wide card so you see it as well my cards wide so the fight wasn't close. That's not the case. I could even see a possibility of having a card even wider in Kovalev's favour. That doesn't change the fact there's an argument for Ward winning 7 rounds.

I've named them already I don't need to do it again.
                      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 11-22-2016, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X