Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you give Wladimir Klitschko credit if he defeats Tyson Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.one View Post
    I'm only interested because of Wlad pulling out like he did, but he's fighting a guy who punched himself in the face, how much credit can he expect to get here?
    "Wlad has never met anyone as unpredictable as me"

Yeh no s**t

Comment

I would, i think you have to give him credit for doing it at his age for so long anyway and i think Fury would give any other heavyweight hell.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
        I'm only interested because of Wlad pulling out like he did, but he's fighting a guy who punched himself in the face, how much credit can he expect to get here?
        You mean like Wlad did to himself in his last fight ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
          Wlad gets FULL CREDIT for beating a YOUNG UNTAMED LION in his prime....whoever thinks differently is just over hating....Wlad is one of the few ATG's remaining in the sport....if he can tame this big young fearless lion on Saturday, noone should be surprised....now IF Fury drops the boom on Wlad puts him on ice.....that would shock me....shock value always come with massive credit....so Wlad stands to get plenty of warranted credit but Tyson is the guy who has to convince the bank on Saturday....Wlad has already established his credibility as a fighter, a champion, a man and a legend....next stop HOF
          True. ATG heavyweight HOF bound

Comment

I would - I like Wlad - he's a great champion and when he fights he makes me hate him with his style. But he wins and he all but ended Haye's career which was glorious because god he's such a tool - so I'm indebted to him for that.

But overall - his fights have been mostly terrible and I'll give him credit for getting the W - but wow, if he can step on the gas and put a beatdown on Fury - that'd be savage and I'd be thrilled.

Usually - older fighters are lambs being sent to slaughter - Cotto last week acquitted himself well and I expect Wlad to do so too because if we're being honest - this new gen of fighters leave a whole lot to be desired.

Comment

Resume-wise there was a debate for a time over who had the better between Lennox and Wladimir.

That debate was finalised with Wladimir's 2 defeats of Pulev and Povetkin, the last 2 remaining serious threats of this generation.

With Wladimir clearly the GOAT HW so far to this point in time now, every victory is simply another length that future challengers will have to strive.

With the defeat of Fury I feel that even though there may come H2H better fighters than Wlad much sooner, in an "achievement" sense I feel this time the bar has been set so high now that I can't see anybody eclipsing it in the next 100 years!!

I said something similar in the Lennox era only to be answered in the very next generation. However there is no Soviet Union to produce great prospects like a factory anymore. Likewise would be dominant champs like Joshua have the physical gifts but not the same pedigree as Lenny and Wladdy did.

I foresee an easier fight for Klitschko than some here expect.

Fury is sleeping for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
                There is a huge difference between those 2. Other than the fact that they are both American and that Ward fights our of my hometown, one is a younger version of Bernard Hopkins, one is hit, don't get hit and make your opponent look silly after the opponent misses. Klitschko’s definitely his jab. If you are going to call those 2 boring, you should acknowledge that Klitschko isn't so different
                Klitschko knocks most of his opponents out, Mayweather just runs out the clock for decisions.

Comment

He already has my respect. He's been a great HW and has brought respectability to the position. He's the consummate professional inside and outside the ring. We always debate how this boxer woulda been great if he woulda stayed off drugs. Or that boxer woulda been great if he was dedicated. Wlad and Floyd are what happens when you're dedicated to the sport and take it serious. Wlad will always be one of my favorite boxers because he respects the sport so much.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                    He already has my respect. He's been a great HW and has brought respectability to the position. He's the consummate professional inside and outside the ring. We always debate how this boxer woulda been great if he woulda stayed off drugs. Or that boxer woulda been great if he was dedicated. Wlad and Floyd are what happens when you're dedicated to the sport and take it serious. Wlad will always be one of my favorite boxers because he respects the sport so much.
                    Yes.

He doesn't beat up women (Mayweather), talk/boast (Fury) foolishly or whine for months and months (Ward) about smaller boxers not fighting him.

Comment

It's funny that Elroy posted yes, but just yesterday said Fury doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell and it would be the biggest upset of all times.

Comment

Working...
                      X