Bradley = An Underrated Legend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under appreciated

Comment

The terms "underrated" and "overrated" suggest that there's only one point of view out there, and it's inaccurate. I think a lot of boxing people think extremely highly of Bradley. Maybe some casual fans don't as much, but "casual fans" of boxing are a shrinking population, at least in the U.S.

Anyway, I think inside the world of boxing, Bradley is well-appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Let's go champ View Post
        Under appreciated
        Hasn't done anything at WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          you sure are on your knees alot.

Its 2017 though. Im not judging..........

Comment

steady on, hes far from a legend. Struggled against chaves, provodnikov, struggled to outbox a 40 year old JMM whos not a natural welter (won a close SD), lost pretty comprehensively to pacquiao. Hes not underrated at all, most think of him as a good solid world level fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
              Okay, the guy lost 3 times to Pacquiao (his 1 "win" was a robbery), but is it suddenly a shame to lose to a great boxer like Pacquiao? And he got a draw against Chaves, but any person who saw that fight would agree that Bradley clearly won. He has fought to some impressive victories over the years and he is an unique fighter, being a featherfisted technician who likes to brawl. He goes out of his comfort zone to make a war, which people usually criticize the other black technicians for not doing, such as Ward, Mayweather and Lara. Bradley got massive heart, is very fast, got great stamina and if he had possessed the natural ability to punch hard, I'm pretty confident that he could have been an ATG. IMO, Bradley would beat Thurman, Porter, etc., and he would have given Mayweather trouble before losing.

Let's look at some of the wins that this underappreciated great has scored during his career (not including the Pacquiao "win" and has changed the Chaves "draw" into a win):

Spot on. Guy doesn't get enough credit. I think there's plenty of fight left in Bradley

Comment

Though I've never been a real Bradley fan, my respect for the guy continues to grow. He's matured a lot outside of the ring and gives great interviews these days. Remove all interaction with Pacquiao and he'd be held in a lot higher regard. Tim definitely gets underrated. I've seen guys here say things like "Spence kills him".

Comment

Great thread! Bradley is definitely an awesome boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Though I've never been a real Bradley fan, my respect for the guy continues to grow. He's matured a lot outside of the ring and gives great interviews these days. Remove all interaction with Pacquiao and he'd be held in a lot higher regard. Tim definitely gets underrated. I've seen guys here say things like "Spence kills him".
                    I truly think Spence lays Tim out cold.

Comment

Hall of fame fighter but nothing legendary

Comment

Working...
                      X