Team USA won't allow professionals on team

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team USA won't allow professionals on team

Via ESPN:

"USA Boxing appreciates AIBA's continuing efforts toward the evolution of international boxing, and we recognize that the admission of professional boxers is an inevitable development. However, USA Boxing's Olympic selection procedures, on which our amateur athletes have relied for the past two years, preclude us from making the last-minute changes that would be required to invite professionals to compete," USA Boxing said in a statement. "We believe that many other countries face similar difficulties, and in fairness to our athletes who have already been selected to fulfill their Olympic dreams, we abstained from voting for the proposed change of the eligibility rules."

Great decision by USA. Since most great American fighters turn pro at a young age. Unlike other countries thst have old ass men competing with teens

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      Great decision by USA. Since most great American fighters turn pro at a young age. Unlike other countries thst have old ass men competing with teens
      Cuba and ex-Soviet countries are the grossest violator. Something about communism breeds 30+ year olds fighting in the Olympics.

Comment

I don't like pros fighting amateurs and apparently most pro boxers have no desire to compete in the Olympics. Khan is the only pro boxer I have heard of so far who wants to compete in the Olympics.

Comment

good...........

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I don't like pros fighting amateurs and apparently most pro boxers have no desire to compete in the Olympics. Khan is the only pro boxer I have heard of so far who wants to compete in the Olympics.
            I agree. Not just pros but I'm not a fan of old ass men fighting teenagers

Comment

Very smart

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                I agree. Not just pros but I'm not a fan of old ass men fighting teenagers
                True,but the problem I see, its a disadvantage now since all this professional fighters(like Khan) will fight teenagers.If that happens I will bet my house that in next olimpics U.S will send fighters,professional fighters to make sure they mess everybody up.

Comment

Great and honorable decision.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure the Supreme Court is going to back them up on that.

If a pro wants to compete they'd have to let him.

Comment

Working...
                    X