No announcement yet.

What Will Future Records Look Like?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Will Future Records Look Like?

While Risondeaux and Lomachenko have so few fights, I get that they were given a boost for being amateur stand-outs. I suppose the same is true with Anthony Joshua.

Still, I don't think I've ever seen a heavyweight get a title shot in his 16th fight, aside from Leon Spinks.

And most of the big boys fight twice a year at best now. I think even GGG is cutting down to twice a year as well.

I just wonder if in the future, guys will have hall of fame careers off of twenty or thirty fights.

I'm not saying we go back to the days where guys fought twenty times a year, but I think just two appearances a year while getting paid millions more than past fighters, is getting to be ridiculous.

I mean, I like Canelo, but twice a year? He's only 25. They could sneak him in another fight a year at least. I get that Hopkins was fighting once a year at his age, but the younger guys really have no excuse other than the promoters and managers keeping them out of the ring.

I see a definitely decline in number of fights down the line and since I believe that an active fighter will always be sharper than an inactive one, I can see where this could impact careers as well.
Working...
X