Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you support UFC type gloves in boxing??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell NO, I was gonna create this thread last night cause of waht Mcgergor said (he said something like the punch wasnt hard was just accurate and timed well, he said these are 4 oz gloves it doesnt ahve to be hard).

but if boxing had those gloves will be body bags left and right and this sport will be banned, 100% believe that.

Boxing is fine just as it is and needless to say as dangerous as hell still with how it is.

Boxing isnt all about KO"s plus when you start tinkering with **** to cause a certain outcome then its not really a true sport anymore it becomes a hybird like the BKB is. Its more for the minor leagues if you will those who cant compete in the big leagues so they go where they can compete.
    Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 12-13-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CANELO! View Post
      but if boxing had those gloves will be body bags left and right and this sport will be banned, 100% believe that.
      No there wouldn't. I hate when people act like fighting with less than pillows on your hands is like a sword fight or a duel with guns. Mfers fight without gloves all the time. In fact I'd probably seen more fights without gloves at all than I seen fights with gloves up til maybe my 2nd year of watching boxing. Guys don't get dead from fighting without gloves. Their more apt to get dead from falling on cement after getting hit in the head without a glove.

Boxing isnt all about KO"s plus when you start tinkering with **** to cause a certain outcome then its not really a true sport anymore it becomes a hybird like the BKB is. Its more for the minor leagues if you will those who cant compete in the big leagues so they go where they can compete.
      Sure boxing isn't all about the KO, but its something fans love to see. And the sport has been "tinkered" with forever. There used to not be gloves at all. You used to be able to knock a mfer down 7 times in a round & it was still 1-0 on the cards. There used not be 3mins in a round. You used to be able to hit guys as they were getting up from a KD. There has been various verisons of 3 KD & S8C rules. Open scoring & nah. Day of the fight weigh ins. More divisions.

The sport should always be evolving all the time to make it better & more entertaining while keeping the spirit of the sport intact. What that includes or doesn't include is up for debate for sure, but I think one of the issues with boxings popularity is it hasn't evolved enough over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        No there wouldn't. I hate when people act like fighting with less than pillows on your hands is like a sword fight or a duel with guns. Mfers fight without gloves all the time. In fact I'd probably seen more fights without gloves at all than I seen fights with gloves up til maybe my 2nd year of watching boxing. Guys don't get dead from fighting without gloves. Their more apt to get dead from falling on cement after getting hit in the head without a glove.
        YDKSAB, where you watch all these bare knuckle fights at on the streets lol

OF course smaller gloves are gonna contribute to more injuries (possibly deaths) smaller gloves just doesn't mean more damage it means less blocking so = more punches being taken. People get injured from accumulations of shots taken usually from guys who dont have knockout power but they have some pop and land alot, smaller gloves will defiantly open up that scenario alot more.

Comment

The sport is fine for the most part, just has to fix the matchmaking.

Comment

I don't think the knockout rate will go up much if any at all. I do think that fights will have huge periods of no one throwing and that broken hands will go up significantly. The punches will be quicker and shots would be thrown so fast and stiff that no one would want throw much other than a one two. And if you get clinched you better hope you have a good inside game because those uppercuts and short hooks on the inside are going to be coming quick. Also MW and up it would be way to dangerous. Imagine GGG, Kovalev, Stevenson, and any heavyweight landing clean.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CANELO! View Post
              YDKSAB, where you watch all these bare knuckle fights at on the streets lol
              YDKSAB if you think cats are dying in every other fistfight lmfao.

OF course smaller gloves are gonna contribute to more injuries (possibly deaths) smaller gloves just doesn't mean more damage it means less blocking so = more punches being taken.
              Don't bait & switch me Don King. Sure without gloves you are gonna get cut more. Sure you are arguably at a higher risk of a concussion (although the problems with gloves or just heavier gloves is you are at risk for multiple concussions & thats typically whats going to kill people or leave them like Magomed or McClellan). I do think there is some argument on that & that is why amateur boxing went headgearless. But basically people won't be falling over dead like canary's in a coalmine like you were seemingly trying to suggest in your previous statement. I suspect the same amount of boxers would be dying in boxing or being severely damaged as they do now with lighter gloves. Might need more plastic surgeons to put mfers back together with superficial injuries doe.

Comment

No. I am used to boxing the way it is. I am surprised those gloves are legal in MMA. There would be many more KOs and knockdowns and it would be hard to compare boxers of the past with boxers in the new 4 ounce era. Lets face it. The hardest punching boxers hit much harder than any MMA guy and we don't stop fights the second a boxer hits the ground from a punch. There would probably be many more deaths and serious injuries leading to a possible ban of boxing.

Comment

I'd love it but then again I'd prefer bareknuckle boxing tbh. It would be sick.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
                    So the only real thing i like about the UFC is the strikes, im not into any of that grappling ****.
                    Now im not saying the UFC 4oz gloves should be in boxing, but what about maybe 6oz??
                    it would certainly make things more exciting
                    Yea but Floyd won't fight with little gloves he gave Madaina pillow gloves

Comment

The notion that lighter gloves make a big difference in punching impact is a complete myth. They'll increase the chances of swelling and cuts, increase the chances of sustaining injuries to the hands, but the actual force of the punch isn't any different.

Comment

Working...
                      X