Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gilberto "Zurdo" Sanchez vs "King" Arthur Abraham; Who takes it and how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilberto "Zurdo" Sanchez vs "King" Arthur Abraham; Who takes it and how?

I really like this kid from Mexico, not only does he have a lot of pop but has some decent boxing skills and a lot of heart. He's had some 'ok' wins against C class fighters but I think it's time for him to step it up to some world class fighters. Arthur's career has been resurging in the last year and a half but looked very dull in his last fight.

Abraham is the WBO champion and Sanchez is ranked number 2 by them also.

Who do you see winning and how?
    Sanchez by TKO/KO
    37.50%
    Sanches by Decision
    50.00%
    Abraham by TKO/KO
    0.00%
    Abraham by Decision
    12.50%
    Draw
    0.00%

Eh, the kid just turned 23 in June so he still has time. I think Bob Arum is moving him along at the right pace. I'd like to see him in 2-3 more fights before I even think about how he'd do against Abraham.
    Last edited by VAGAB0ND; 10-06-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Regardless of age he still has 29 fights, he's no longer a prospect, he's should be looking for a title shot in the next couple months. They're definitely padding his record and I don't like that. He needs to step up after this fight, no excuses.

Comment

Abraham looks horrible these days and he's never displayed his punching power at 168 (save a Jermain Taylor who already been KO'd in his prior fight to Froch). Sanchez has skills and would box Abraham's ears off like Froch did. That said, Sauerland has that WBO belt under lock & key. Abraham's being saved strictly for the Sturm/Steiglitz winner (Sturm).

I'm more interested in seeing Sanchez vs Hart in another year.

Comment

Sanchez destroys him, I don't think its even a big step up personally, Abraham is done.
          Lorenzo & Medina aren't really any worse than the rubbish Abraham has been defending his paper strap against & going life and death with.

Only question I have is whether Sanchez stops him or not

Comment

This is why Sturm/Stieglitz is next..... close out on a big german fight

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              Regardless of age he still has 29 fights, he's no longer a prospect, he's should be looking for a title shot in the next couple months. They're definitely padding his record and I don't like that. He needs to step up after this fight, no excuses.
              Stopped reading at the bold, .

So would you consider Callum Smith a prospect? He's 24 years old, but only has 14 fights. And not one of his opponents was better than some of Ramirez's opponents (Giovanni Lorenzo or Rogelio Medina).

I don't give a f**k how many fights a prospect has. You shouldn't penalize them for being active. Especially if he's still very young, and facing decent opposition.
              Last edited by VAGAB0ND; 10-06-2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Abraham is a European champion and a very horrible one.

Never heard of this kid, but hope he ends the sham.

Comment

Originally posted by VAGAB0ND View Post
                  Stopped reading at the bold, .

So would you consider Callum Smith a prospect? He's 24 years old, but only has 14 fights. And not one of his opponents was better than some of Ramirez's opponents (Giovanni Lorenzo or Rogelio Medina).

I don't give a f**k how many fights a prospect has. You shouldn't penalize them for being active. Especially if he's still very young, and facing decent opposition.
                  Too bad, you should've read the rest of the post. Again, age doesn't matter to me, it's about how many rounds/fights you've had in the ring and the experience you've gathered while beating ranked fighters.

The WBO apparently believes beating Giovani Lorenzo gave him a boost in his rankings that's why they have it at 2nd. I can't say I've followed Callum Smith at all. I can tell you, that Sanchez has been fighting for 5 years and Callum has been fighting for 2 so that's pretty much a no brainer, he's still a prospect. Sanchez on the other hand has been happy laying low waiting for the division to all fight each other meanwhile he steps up when he's had 35+ fights with nobodies then gets a title shot? Come on bro, you gotta take risky fights if you want to step up your career.

Comment

Sanchez has looked pretty good every time I've seen him. Abraham has looked poor for a while now and looked awful against Smith who's been stopped by both DeGale and GG. I remember Hearn mentioning him in an interview, he says James could fight him and would beat him, I agree with him on that.

Comment

Working...
                    X