Why is it now "beautiful" to be fat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    True.........
    i have also had sri lankan ladies come up to me and start speaking Tamil.

In the summer I have had South American people come up to me speaking spanish asking for directions.

ask me why i am saying all this; i will tell you why. the answer is i have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
      disagree, i look a lot like Dwayne Johnson. My mom and my woman say so.

suck it!
      You also act like Dwayne Johnson did in that movie "Be Cool"

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        never bothered to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
          never bothered to watch.
          you're not missing much. Vince Vaughn is funny in it though

FYI, Dwayne Johnson is a gay bodyguard who sings women's songs in that movie. Pretty sure it's based off your life. Except they left out the Canadian part.

Comment

you're not missing much. Vince Vaughn is funny in it though

FYI, Dwayne Johnson is a gay bodyguard who sings women's songs in that movie. Pretty sure it's based off your life. Except they left out the Canadian part.
            it would be assumed. the Rock's dad is from here.

:boobies:

Comment

we chunky people have good sense of humor

Comment

I love how fat people (women) think they've got curves.

Comment

Fat doesn't make you beautiful, it doesn't make you ugly either.

Comment

The main reason is there are now a lot more fat people than there used to be, women included, and women with big asses can become role models for all the other girls with big asses. Like that chick from Mad Men.

There's a big difference between what is 'considered beautiful' and what people are actually attracted to, even if one does have some influence on the other. You can look at pictures of women who were sex symbols 40-50 years and a lot of them really don't look that hot, not hot enough to be put on a pedestal at least.

For example, this is a young Elizabeth Taylor, widely regarded as one of the most beautiful women in the world in her day:

What the fashion and beauty industry puts forward as 'beautiful' changes over time and since they're the ones trying to sell beauty products and clothes to girls, they tend to define what 'beautiful' is at any point in time by putting women in commercials and on magazine covers with certain styles and looks. Girls understand that this woman is being put on magazine covers because she's 'beautiful', and they just copy it.

Works the same for men, but not so much with image because in our society at least dudes obsessing over their image isn't really that cool.

Comment

Earl Hickey on dat miscing time

Comment

Working...
                      X