• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    ...In what ways?
    both these guys would beat Chavez

Comment

I like Golovkin too,but supporting Proksa for this one.
      Super G > Triple G
      Last edited by Alec900; 08-26-2012, 05:06 PM.

Comment

...In what ways?
        In every way. Golov is the come forward fighter with volume and power while Proksa fights exactly like Martinez. The flamboyant southpaw counter puncher who fights with his hands at his waist.

The styles are identical, it's a poor mans version - because the fight doesn't have near the star power that Martinez and Chavez has.

I'd favor GGG over Chavez though. Chavez would kill Proksa on the other hand. The same possible win scenerio painted for Chavez against martinez is a definite against Proksa. He'd wear him down. Hope already did. I feel like people haven't watched enough of either fighter, allow me to enlighten you guys.

Exhibit A - Golovkin getting beat up by Ouma before stopping him, dude got hit more than Chavez did against Zbik damn near.

Exhibit B - Proksa, the white Martinez, strugglign against a bum before the victory. Couldn't embed the Hope fight, that was bad too.. both times.

Last edited by intoccabile; 08-26-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alec900 View Post
          both these guys would beat Chavez
          No.. No Proksa wouldn't. He lost to a bum for crying out loud, and have you actually followed his career? Proksa has struggled in A LOT of fights. Which is sad considering he only stepped it up against Sylvester (shined bright) before losing to another bum
          Last edited by intoccabile; 08-26-2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Proska's movement will cause GGG ALOT of problems but it only takes a few shots from GGG to end this one. GGG stoppage in a tough fight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
              In every way. Golov is the come forward fighter with volume and power while Proksa fights exactly like Martinez. The flamboyant southpaw counter puncher who fights with his hands at his waist.

The styles are identical, it's a poor mans version - because the fight doesn't have near the star power that Martinez and Chavez has.

I'd favor GGG over Chavez though. Chavez would kill Proksa on the other hand. The same possible win scenerio painted for Chavez against martinez is a definite against Proksa. He'd wear him down. Hope already did.
              Golovkin strikes me as the guy who could box if he really wanted/needed to, but prefers to knock people's heads off. His power can be felt at any range, and he's more of a sniper. Chavez prefers a phone-booth fight, get on his opponent's chest and explode with hooks and uppercuts to the head/body. The mentality is the same, but the way they go about their work is different.

Proksa and Martinez are cut from the same cloth, but there are also differences. Proksa's style takes many more risks, but his offense is much more difficult to read. He fights on his toes in a fencer-like stance, he'll drop his hands to his waist even when he's in range and rarely ever protects his face. He'll also retreat with his hands down so that he can counter you. His lack of a rhythm doesn't allow you establish a rhythm.

I think the match-ups will look kinda different from each other.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 08-26-2012, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Golovkin strikes me as the guy who could box if he really wanted/needed to, but prefers to knock people's heads off. His power can be felt at any range, and he's more of a sniper. Chavez prefers a phone-booth fight, get on his opponent's chest and explode with hooks and uppercuts to the head/body. The mentality is the same, but the way they go about their work is different.

Proksa and Martinez are cut from the same cloth, but there are also differences. Proksa's style takes many more risks, but his offense is much more difficult to read. He fights on his toes in a fencer-like stance, he'll drop his hands to his waist even when he's in range and rarely ever protects his face. He'll also retreat with his hands down so that he can counter you. His lack of a rhythm doesn't allow you establish a rhythm.

I think the match-ups will look kinda different from each other.
                Depending on how GGG and Chavez both show up, I expect them to look pretty identical, with different outcomes of course. I don't think Proksa belongs in the ring with GGG and I don't think Chavez belongs in the ring with Martinez.

i DO however think martinez and ggg should be in opposite corners sharing a ring together. Apparantly Proksa does too, saying GGG is the second best MW in the world behind Martinez. He didn't seem too confident in that interview, but I expect him to make the most of it. Still, i think it's too much too soon. He's fought nothing but people with losing records up until Sylvester (Navascue was 25-1 and gave him fits as well) Since then he is 1-1 (I don't count that win against the 1-1 opponent).

He literally only has 3 people on his resume with more Wins than Losses and lost to one of them. This isn't a close fight at all IMO.
                Last edited by intoccabile; 09-02-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                  Guessing Golovkin strategy will be to press forward and push Proksa backwards and just impose himself, which seems like the right gameplan bcse the pole doesn't look like he's effective at all when he's not in the lead jumping/lunging forward with his shots so if that's the case Proksa better be able to hurt Golovkin or he gets steamrolled but Golovkin could lay back and try to land some counter shots when Proksa leaps forward bcse he's wide open

Proksa should be able to have some success early bcse of his unconventional - all over the place movements but over the length of the fight not sure he can withstand, but it's not like Golovkin doesn't have flaws he squares up or even extends his back foot past his lead and gets out of position add Proksa bouncy style he could pick GGG off and get away before he catches return fire but he doesn't seem to keep distance that well and hangs out inrange too much anything short of a master defensive performance from someone who wasn't shown that ability is to uncertain which is why i'd still say Golovkin via Savage stoppage inside 9
                  I don't think that is a flaw though it seems to be by design. Against southpaws he uses it to get from mid range to the inside. He throws a right hook while pivoting on his lead foot then usually follows up with a left hook to the body or head then another right.

He does square himself up to an extent after he pivots while throwing the right hook but he keeps his chin tucked, his right arm is positioned to guard against a counter left cross and the left side of Golovkin's body ends up pressed against his opponents right shoulder smothering their ability to throw a right while Golovkin himself is still in a position to throw his own left.

The most effective counter to throw when he does that would be a left uppercut and Proksa has a good one but like i said it seems to be a strategy/technique by design rather than a overlooked flaw. Every knockdown on Fuchigami involved that sequence with the right hook.

Really looking forward to this. I like Proksa alot but i like Golovkin more and i think he's the better fighter. I'm expecting Golovkin to stop him inside 8 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    I don't think that is a flaw though it seems to be by design. Against southpaws he uses it to get from mid range to the inside. He throws a right hook while pivoting on his lead foot then usually follows up with a left hook to the body or head then another right.

He does square himself up to an extent after he pivots while throwing the right hook but he keeps his chin tucked, his right arm is positioned to guard against a counter left cross and the left side of Golovkin's body ends up pressed against his opponents right shoulder smothering their ability to throw a right while Golovkin himself is still in a position to throw his own left.

The most effective counter to throw when he does that would be a left uppercut and Proksa has a good one but like i said it seems to be a strategy/technique by design rather than a overlooked flaw. Every knockdown on Fuchigami involved that sequence with the right hook.

Really looking forward to this. I like Proksa alot but i like Golovkin more and i think he's the better fighter. I'm expecting Golovkin to stop him inside 8 rounds.
                    Regurgitating my previous post.

He's fought nothing but people with losing records up until Sylvester (Navascue was 25-1 and gave him fits as well) Since then he is 1-1 (I don't count that win against the 1-1 opponent).

He literally only has 3 people on his resume with more Wins than Losses and lost to one of them. This isn't a close fight at all IMO.

3-1 against opponents with winning records...That's the worst build up I've seen from a highly touted fighter in a long time. There are no contenders, journeymen, or prospects on his record what so ever. Just a step up against Sebastian followed by more pointless fights, one of which he lost.

Comment

I sense a lot of people are hopping on the 3G bandwagon.....the guy is good but from what I can tell, Proska is not the prototypical boxer and 3G will have problems with him.

I think this fight is a toss up and it will be 3G's toughest career fight by far.

Toss up for me....

Comment

Working...
                      X