No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute Wants Ward To Win, But Gives Dawson The Edge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bute Wants Ward To Win, But Gives Dawson The Edge

Lucian Bute still wants to fight Andre Ward to try to prove he is the best super middleweight in boxing.

The undefeated southpaw won’t worry, however, about out-doing Ward when he encounters Carl Froch on Saturday night in Nottingham, England, Froch’s hometown. The Romanian-born Bute knows, of course, that outside observers will promptly compare how he fares against Froch to Ward’s win over the former WBC 168-pound champion (EPIX; 6 p.m. EDT; 3 p.m. PDT). [Click Here To Read More]

i still Ward is too skilled for Dawson. Ward is better in pretty much every department than Chad. the only thing chad has over Waard is height and Reach other than that Ward got every Advantage in hes favor. still Bad Chad v SOG is a great fight! very close..

Comment

all anyone has to do is look at the problems an almost 50 yr old Hopkins gave Dawson & subtract 20 year & add more speed & athleticism & you'll see Ward will dominate dawson. Why do u think they are so eager to fight him? CD still displays the same mental weaknesses only Hop wasn't able to maintain his energy level. CD is so used to fighting 40 yr olds people are going to be shocked by how easily Ward dominates him. Same craftiness...ssame mean spirit...same will to win...younger fresher faster body...It won't even be close. You can quote it.

Comment

Ward is going to outclass Dawson.

Comment

I think they should all be thoroughly tested for power pellets, especially ward

In a fair fight id expect dawson to beat ward and this bute guy, lets see how bute does in frochs hometown, if he can nail that one a fight with ward would be exciting

Comment

Originally posted by Illdil View Post
            i still Ward is too skilled for Dawson. Ward is better in pretty much every department than Chad. the only thing chad has over Waard is height and Reach other than that Ward got every Advantage in hes favor. still Bad Chad v SOG is a great fight! very close..
            How is he too skilled? Dawson is bigger, faster, has a better jab, and just as skilled. At 168 the only way I see Dawson losing is if the weight drop affects his performance.
            Last edited by Boxingwizard; 05-22-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
              all anyone has to do is look at the problems an almost 50 yr old Hopkins gave Dawson & subtract 20 year & add more speed & athleticism & you'll see Ward will dominate dawson. Why do u think they are so eager to fight him? CD still displays the same mental weaknesses only Hop wasn't able to maintain his energy level. CD is so used to fighting 40 yr olds people are going to be shocked by how easily Ward dominates him. Same craftiness...ssame mean spirit...same will to win...younger fresher faster body...It won't even be close. You can quote it.
              Despite the similarities between Ward and Hopkins they are much more different. Hopkins is bigger so he can handle Dawson, also Hopkins is more experienced and ring savvy. Hopkins has better footwork too which troubled Dawson.

Comment

Ward will outwork Dawson and rough him up on the inside in a dull fight. Of course Dawson has learned a thing or two from sharing the ring with Hopkins, but it wont be enough. I also Think that the weight is a bigger disafvantage to Dawson than what it is made out to be.

Comment

Yeah, i don't know what it is about Dawson...seems he could do so much better, but lacks drive, hunger and detirmination. His skillset could be better too. He doesn't let his hands go enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
                    Despite the similarities between Ward and Hopkins they are much more different. Hopkins is bigger so he can handle Dawson, also Hopkins is more experienced and ring savvy. Hopkins has better footwork too which troubled Dawson.
                    Sorry bro...but Ward began as a Light heavy. He's actually taller than hopkins. The man hasn't lost since he was 12. When u talk about ring saavy bernard may be craftier due to soooo much ring experience & lack of athletic ability. Hooooooowwwwwever....Hopkins laid a beutiful blueprint. As well Andre is super intelligent & crafty which is why he gets some much comparison to hokpins. Basically Adre is more like hopkins earlier than hopkins became hopkins. He also has an excellent team & coach in his corner. I'm not sure how ur are analyzing footwork prowess but Hop is more defensive minded than Dawson & uses his legs more to evade than AW...Nonetheless that will be the diff in smothering chads work w/ output rather than defence...He will confuse chad & smother his attacks...beat him to the punch & thus dominate that man.

Comment

Working...
                    X