Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd vs Ortiz. Ortiz Definately quit.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup

Ortiz was getting dominated and might have quit

that's why a sucker punch finish was bull****..

Comment

You're probably right. People say "Ortiz was coming on witht hat last flurry"....he landed lik 2-3 punches clean in that flurry, Floyd avoided most of them, and then Ortiz headbutted him in frustration.

Mayweather was clearly winning and hitting Ortiz at will.

Comment

Originally posted by welcometosaigon View Post
        Are you still bitter about Hatton fight?
        Has been probably for years.

Comment

Why is it always extremes on this board?

Either he quit, or Mayweather reneged on the rules of combat and lured Ortiz in to sucker punch him.

No, no, no. We all saw it. The reality was obvious. All these conspiracy theories are obnoxious.

Ortiz was overwhelmed by the event, was getting his clock cleaned, had to ramp up the aggression and walk through Mayweather's fire, lost his cool, threw a butt. As it dawned on him that he had just embarrassed himself in front of millions, he became overly contrite, and was so wrapped up in the apology that he missed the "box on" call. Mayweather tapped gloves, hugged after the "box on", then on the 2nd hug decided he was pissed off and actually would box on. Bang, bang, game over. Or as Ortiz would put it, "Murder she wrote."

There's no pity for Ortiz from a true boxing fan. He was plucked from relative obscurity for the bout, and was out of his depth.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            yup

Ortiz was getting dominated and might have quit

that's why a sucker punch finish was bull****..
            Im not a Floyd apologist. I thought it sucked because I wouldve loved a normal ending. However, I dont fully blame Floyd. He didnt start it and Im not sold that it was a sucker punch. Im like in the middle.

He hit him but it wasnt a full out, I put my hand out for you to shake it and then I punch. He waited. Ortiz hugged him and Floyd was like "come on". There were a couple of seconds in between.

Floyd isnt going to wait. Not only that but the 1st punch was a basic punch with nothing behind it. Any other fighter wouldve atleast stopped the 2nd punch from landing. Ortiz was just an idiot

Comment

Still I ask, what kind of a fighter gets hit with a left hook and looks to the ref? The first thing any normal fighter would do is go into a defensive posture, those are basic human instincts in fact, I don't even have to point out any normal fighter. And yes he quit.

Comment

Victor Ortiz was beat before he got in that ring anyone pay attention to his eyes before he got in the ring.HBO special showed him arriving to the MGM that boy looked like he was up all night crying

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  OP is talking turdles.

Ortiz did not quit, he was suckerpunched by a snake pretending to befriend him.
                  Looks like somebody never forgave Floyd for knocking Hatton out head first against the corner post.

Comment

Originally posted by TehRedRanger View Post
                    Looks like somebody never forgave Floyd for knocking Hatton out head first against the corner post.

Hatton was suckerpunched by the corner post that was pretending to befriend him.

Comment

It was totally a sucker punch, but I think Ortiz was planning on doing the exact same thing. Floyd just beat him to the punch. Quite literally.

Comment

Working...
                      X