• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
    what? lol....

cintron would've taken out any 147er 154er tonight lol

u idiots i swear....
    Based off what? He was getting pummeled by Canelo.

Margarito vs Pacquiao, Tony also knocked him out in the 6th round.

Manny claimed he was lucky to get out that round alive.

His words, not mine.

Comment

I rewatched Pacquiao vs. Margarito and I have to say that the effort by Margarito deserves props. I still think Cotto was a bit more in the fight against Pacquiao scoring wise, but Margarito made it a rougher fight on Pacquiao.

Comment

same here. he looks like a beast in the 24/7

Comment

since this fight has been signed, i've said i could see either guy winning. it'd be nice to see cotto avenge a shady loss, but then again, it'd be great to see margs prove that win legit and shut all the people up who said he cheated that night against cotto. may the best man win, all i know is i'm pumped for december 3rd!

Comment

Originally posted by El 7 Mares V.2 View Post
            The first few punches Tony lands on this poor bastard, Cotto will realize all that plaster talk was just a fairytale. The boogie man is real and is gonna tax that ass. War Tony!! Lifestyle chingon!
            Sorry bro, but your boy tony is getting another Shane Mosely type beat down. He might not get knocked out this time, but he'll lose. The only chance Tony has is for Cotto to get tired late in the fight. If that doesnt happen, his ass is getting TKO'd late, or it goes to Cotto on points.

Comment

I'll agree for the heck of it...

Comment

I remember thinking Margarito looked like a monster in the 24/7 leading up to the Pac fight. Thankfully Cotto isn't Pacquiao and Cotto is visibly afraid of Margarito

Comment

My thinking is that there's a clue in the title: Cotto Margarito II, as in I-I, EYE-EYE, get it?
                  Cotto by stoppage due to the new robot eye not holding up.

Comment

Kool so there wont be any excuses when Cotto beats him because im 100% sure Cotto will =)

Comment

Originally posted by 6Bound View Post
                      Kool so there wont be any excuses when Cotto beats him because im 100% sure Cotto will =)
                      Oh, believe me...there will be excuses from some very biased Mexican posters.

I personally think that if Margarito pulls it off, NOBODY will be able to rightfully downplay that win.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=513372

^^^I made that prediction way back in October 3r, and considering how many factors Margarito is going up against, he would definitely redeem himself in the eyes of many if he were somehow to stop Miguel Cotto again. Seriously, if anybody starts making excuses if Margarito wins again, they're just haters because, as I see it, Cotto has many advantages going into the fight.

But hey, if there are some posters 100% CONVINCED that Margarito is going to kick Cotto's ass again, then they have no right to make up excuses afterwards if Cotto wins...after all, they were absolutely CERTAIN that Tony was going to win again.

I'm convinced Cotto's going to win this time. Cotto's more active, less battle worn, more versatile, hometown advantage...

The only Margarito wins is if he stops Cotto, he has to go for broke, and if he does that, he'll leave himself open to counters...and the burning question is, as I've said before, we KNOW Margarito can take a punch, the question is: Will his face hold up?

The other unlikely probability is Margarito winning a decision in Madison Square Garden, but I don't think anybody would put much stock into that. He would have to win rounds very convincingly if he wanted to beat Cotto by decision in the Garden. The fact of the matter is, Cotto could throw a seven punch combination if he wanted, land only two of them, and the crowd will go nuts. Like it or not, that tends to influence judges.

*Looks back at post*

*Nods in approval at how awesome it is*

Comment

Working...
                      X