Mark Wahlberg "The Fighter 2 Will Focus on Gatti / Ward Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Wahlberg "The Fighter 2 Will Focus on Gatti / Ward Trilogy

Damn, this might be some epic ****....

First revealed last March, Mark Wahlberg is interested in making a sequel to his 2010 hit The Fighter. Now, in a clip from the forthcoming ****e TV Guys Choice Awards (airing this Friday, June 10th), the actor reiterates that the project is moving forward.

"We left out the Arturo Gatti fights for a reason," Wahlberg announced, following the film's win for "Guy Movie of the Year", "Because that's for 'Fighter 2'. We're not going to do 'Fighter' 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8, but we're gonna do 2. We're gonna do the Ward/Gatti trilogy."

In real life, Mickey Ward fought Arturo Gatti in three major fights beginning in 2002, emerging as the champion. The actor's comments are somewhat unclear as to whether "trilogy" refers to two more films (Wahlberg does exclude a "3" from the list of films they won't do) or if multiple fights would be incorporated into the sequel.

The Fighter swept the 2010 Supporting Actor nominations, landing statues for both Christian Bale and Melissa Leo.

It is unknown at this stage who else might return from the original film, but, as you can see in the video below, Wahlberg is joined on stage by director David O. Russell. His involvement is likely at least as a producer.

Read more: Mark Wahlberg Talks The Fighter 2 - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movie...#ixzz1OiRxgio6

I cant believe I havent seen this yet.

Comment

this movie is a Friday nighter for me...can't wait

i wonder who'll play Gatti

Comment

This might be the beggining to a beatiful thing.

They better get John Leguizamo for Thunder.

Comment

i didn't like the first movie because they left out the gatti/ward trilogy. i'm glad they are making part 2 now, good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post

Co-Sign 100%!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lulz, he's a shit actor and he's annoying as fuck, don't know why anyone would want him to be Gatti.

Comment

hmmmm...that just might work

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
                  i didn't like the first movie because they left out the gatti/ward trilogy. i'm glad they are making part 2 now, good stuff!
                  I liked that they left the trilogy out being it would've taken the whole focus from the movie which was really the turmoil in his family.

The 2nd time around though they could focus more on the actual trilogy and everything behind the scenes during those times. Might've been too much to cram into one movie.

Comment

i agree leguizamo is one of my all time favorite actors. i wouldn't be surprised if they chose one of them "jersey shore" dudes to help sell the movie.

Comment

Working...
                    X