No announcement yet.

The Irish might be able to partially claim Canelo Alvarez as one of their own

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
    There's LOTS of people in Northwestern Spain with red hair and freckles.

Celtic people settled there about 2500 years ago, during the first millenium BC, around the same time they settled Ireland.
    Exactly right on!1 Finally someone who knows some history. Look people it is not a big deal to see a Mexican with freckels and red hair. I grew up in California and knew a lot of red hair Mexicans and there are a ton of white Mexicans with colored eyes.In the varrios of California they usually get nicknamed Rojo or Colorado whick mean Red. People just have this image of Mexicans being all native Mexican looking. Anyways being Mexican is not a race but rather a nationality made up of many races and mixed races. We have Jewish Mexicans, Asian Descent Mexicans, Arab descent Mexicans. Thats what makes my country so diverse and beautiful. My last name is Rizo which is roiginally a surname derived from Italy, but I do not consider myself in any way Italian descent. I am Mexican and thats all!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by General24 View Post
      Exactly right on!1 Finally someone who knows some history. Look people it is not a big deal to see a Mexican with freckels and red hair. I grew up in California and knew a lot of red hair Mexicans and there are a ton of white Mexicans with colored eyes.In the varrios of California they usually get nicknamed Rojo or Colorado whick mean Red. People just have this image of Mexicans being all native Mexican looking. Anyways being Mexican is not a race but rather a nationality made up of many races and mixed races. We have Jewish Mexicans, Asian Descent Mexicans, Arab descent Mexicans. Thats what makes my country so diverse and beautiful. My last name is Rizo which is roiginally a surname derived from Italy, but I do not consider myself in any way Italian descent. I am Mexican and thats all!!!!!!!
      apparently it is a big deal though in Mexico, which is why he's getting so much attention.....

Comment

that is a myth.he just happens to be a "slick" mexican with boxing skills

Comment

You know, Scotland has the most redheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
            Irish/mexican mix, no way in hell that kid would do anything else than fight lol
            Yea no ****, either that or drink himself to death....

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              apparently it is a big deal though in Mexico, which is why he's getting so much attention.....
              Well it is a big deal, there's not a lot of natural blondes or red heads in Mexico. You do see them but not as much as other Latin American countries.

Doesn't anyone here remember Danny "Little Red" Lopez? He was Mexican and red haired.....big time fighter out of LA.

Comment

LOL at all the chicanos saying they're Mexican because of their nationality when all you mother****ers were born and raised in the U.S.

Comment

BWAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                    Well it is a big deal, there's not a lot of natural blondes or red heads in Mexico. You do see them but not as much as other Latin American countries.

Doesn't anyone here remember Danny "Little Red" Lopez? He was Mexican and red haired.....big time fighter out of LA.

yep sure do. He was of Irish heritage as well...

Background

Lopez is of Ute Indian, Mexican, and Irish heritage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Lopez#Background

Comment

Originally posted by Rab- View Post
                      LOL at all the chicanos saying they're Mexican because of their nationality when all you mother****ers were born and raised in the U.S.
                      You speak the same language these "chicanos" are speaking.

Wait wait wait..........it's business reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X