No announcement yet.

Gracie: St. Pierre can't keep Shields down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    I think Sheilds has a better chance against Anderson to be honest. His wrestling is good enough to hold Silva down and his Jiu Jitsu is good enough not to get Sonnened....
    we'll see what happens with shields in this fight first....
    does anyone think silva/okami is a waste? haha, i just don't see it...hope silva stops him.

Comment

If you watch MMA you know Shields is a very rugged vet whos pace is insane and he is very smart when it comes down to clutch situations, GSP also. I believe GSP has what it takes to beat Shields, but not easily at all... GSP 4th rd chokeout

Comment

Originally posted by Koca1nst1xx View Post
        If you watch MMA you know Shields is a very rugged vet whos pace is insane and he is very smart when it comes down to clutch situations, GSP also. I believe GSP has what it takes to beat Shields, but not easily at all... GSP 4th rd chokeout
        i haven't watched much of shields, so i wouldn't know too much about him. but i've seen his ufc debut and his fights against miller and thompson on YT, so i know a little bit of how and what he is good at. i still think GSP takes a decsion over him though, i don't see GSP slowing down. can't wait to see how this fight plays out..

Comment

shields has got no chance and this fight is just a little bit short of a full fledged mismatch

Comment

Originally posted by General24 View Post
            WTF? Did anyone see how Shields dominated Dan HEnderson?/ He took Henderson down at will. IMO Henderson is much stronger than GSP and probably as good or better than GSP at wrestling. I would not be surprised if Shields dominates GSP on the gorund and even submits him!! Shields is a very high level grappler!!
            True, but most people forget that Hendo had trouble making the weight due to the meds he was on and had to cut a hefty amount in a short timespan. It showed in the fight as he had one burst of offence and was gassed by the end of the first round. It was easy pickings after that. Nevertheless, Shields has a chance, but a very slim one at that.

Comment

Sheilds also had Hendo mounted for the better part of 4 rounds and couldn't finish him.....

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
                I have a feeling hat GSP will not stop Shields at all, and it won't be a domination if he wins.
                Shields survived against Henderson's bombs, enough said.

He's also a wrestler/BJJ hybrid so I think he could pull a Koshcheck and actually nullify Pierre's wrestling.
                I still can't believe he survived those bombs. He was OUT!

But he was also out on his feet against Lawler and Daley

Comment

The only way i see Shields winning is by a sub. Can he pull it off? possibly but the most probable outcome is GSP by decision. I dont see how GSP can finish Shields and on the other side i cant see how Shields can win a decision.

If Shields wins it will be by a freak spontaneous submission similar to what we say against Silva-Sonnen.

If i were a betting man id put money on a GSP 5 round unanimous.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                    Sheilds also had Hendo mounted for the better part of 4 rounds and couldn't finish him.....
                    To SHields' credit, Dan Henderson is one tough SOB and has only been finished by two oppenents...Nogueria and Silva. I know you're pretty biased against Shields kaps, but he's the best fighter GSP has fought since BJ and I honeslty believe GSP will have his hands full.

With that said though, GSP will win this fight by decision. But i would not be surprised if Shields catches him in a submission.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Fury View Post
                      To SHields' credit, Dan Henderson is one tough SOB and has only been finished by two oppenents...Nogueria and Silva. I know you're pretty biased against Shields kaps, but he's the best fighter GSP has fought since BJ and I honeslty believe GSP will have his hands full.

With that said though, GSP will win this fight by decision. But i would not be surprised if Shields catches him in a submission.
                      I just don't think he does Cesar Gracie's camp justice. I mean it's hard to find a boring fight from anyone else on that team, and Jake just seems to be full of them lately....

Comment

Working...
                      X