UFC judging sucks !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC judging sucks !

how the f did ring win vs fukuda.. ?
    Destroys any credibility the UFC might have when something like this happens.

Nick Ring was 10-0? Just who the hell did he fight? He was SLOW.... and as Joe Rogan suggested had no sense of urgency when he had to be down 2-0 just lying on the ground doing nothing and then at the end of the fight standing up till the round ended.

The UFC looks like a joke............plus theres no system.. some judges score takedown others it seems dont .wtf ?

Judging in MMA is really bad. It isn't a UFC problem, it pretty much has to do with the archaic mindset that athletic commissions have.

The biggest issue is that judges simply are not accountable for bad decisions and will continue to get assignments regardless of how bad they are.

I thought Fukuda won that fight 30-27.

Nick Ring was once upon a time a good prospect but he's had like 3 major surgeries on the same knee. I can't imagine that his cardio gets the attention it should because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
      Judging in MMA is really bad. It isn't a UFC problem, it pretty much has to do with the archaic mindset that athletic commissions have.

The biggest issue is that judges simply are not accountable for bad decisions and will continue to get assignments regardless of how bad they are.

I thought Fukuda won that fight 30-27.

Nick Ring was once upon a time a good prospect but he's had like 3 major surgeries on the same knee. I can't imagine that his cardio gets the attention it should because of that.
      In this case the judges were chosen by Zuffa. And the judges weren't named in any of the fights except the main event, so it was all mystery judges.

The Ring-Fukuda fight was a horrible robbery. The main event judging was also really questionable. 10-8 rounds are very uncommon as it is, and that 3rd round isn't a typical one by any means. 2 judges scoring it that way is very strange.

Comment

I thought Pride's judges were pretty good. Not as many robberies.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
          I thought Pride's judges were pretty good. Not as many robberies.
          The robberies weren't as obvious back then, but they did miss on some.

Comment

The robberies weren't as obvious back then, but they did miss on some.
            my point was that it seemed to happen less often than it does in the UFC

Comment

Duh. The 10-point must system doesn't make sense for MMA, as everyone has said for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
                Duh. The 10-point must system doesn't make sense for MMA, as everyone has said for years.
                It works, it's just the judges who don't know what the hell they're looking at.

I mean... It's not like the margin of victory isn't correct. The damn judges can't even tell who won the fight. Then when grilled, the athletic commissions say that nothing is wrong.

Comment

UFC judging gives too much consideration to take downs. All you have to do is take someone down and lay on top of them while doing little damage and faking like you are trying to finish the fight to win rounds in the UFC. I think more credit should go to actually attempting multiple subs, dominant positions, and clean strikes.

Comment

It works, it's just the judges who don't know what the hell they're looking at.

I mean... It's not like the margin of victory isn't correct. The damn judges can't even tell who won the fight. Then when grilled, the athletic commissions say that nothing is wrong.
                    No, it doesn't.

I don't understand how people like you sit and pretend that the 10 point must is appropriate for MMA. It's not.

Comment

Working...
                    X