Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one remember how Pacs career started??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one remember how Pacs career started??

Devon alexander is in the birth of his career. Pump your ****ing brakes. Dude has years ahead of him to learn the game and reach the point where his mental matches his physical talent. He didn't get kod or dropped he simply had trouble against a guy with much more experience than him. Everyone does understand he has yet to reach his full potential.He's like Goku when he fought Raditz, ahe hasn't primed yet and when he does guys hes hons be special.

People are making a bigger deal outta Devon's trouble with Kotelnik than they should because Devon was heavily favored. I was surprised to see him in as much danger as he was and I thought he lost. But he had a problem because Kotelnik is better than many gave him credit for being. Devon didn't get exposed, he had a tough fight with a good, overlooked fighter. He'll be back. Hopefully Kellerman was right in saying Devon's vulnerability will make guys at 140 hungrier to start fighting.

Comment

I just don't see anything special in Devon's style to even remotely compare him to Pac or any kind of ATG. I don't see a killer instinct in him, a crazy desire to win. He just does enough to get the job done or performs above expections in other matches. Nothing to go ape **** about. I give him, he stays decent until he gets a nice paycheck, then drops like a sack of **** until he's out of the game.

Comment

Pac and Alexander are nothing alike, what the hell are you talking about? The only possible comparison I see here is between Morales schooling Pac and Kotelnik schooling Alexander.

No one is saying Alexander is a bum now, just that he was severely overrated.

Comment

i agree and thats why he shouldnt go after bradley or kahn yet because he aint ready for them. he needs to take a couple more easy fights and gain some experience since he's only 23. he should fight someone like judah next to gain some confidence because he probably lost some after last night. then fight ortiz even though i feel he would lose to vic.

Comment

Good post people act like hes 33 instead of 23 but thats NSB noobs for you.

Comment

That's one of the wirse thing about boxing and boxing fans. A up and comer had a tough outing against underrated veteran and he's written off before he's 25 even though he isn't 60% of what he poitentaly could be.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Pac and Alexander are nothing alike, what the hell are you talking about? The only possible comparison I see here is between Morales schooling Pac and Kotelnik schooling Alexander.

exactly.

what a way off base comparison. not everybody has the same career trajectory as pac.

Comment

Wtf??? You say pac and devon are nothing alike and then compare Kotenlink to Morales? I'm only comparing/during that losing fights or having tough outing s extremely early in your career dissent hurt your potential as so many are trying to say about devon. Pac was KO twice and ended up ruining berks in 7 classes. Devon had a tough outing against a severly underrated vert and not he's lost his potential and been exposed?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

Wtf??? You say pac and devon are nothing alike and then compare Kotenlink to Morales? I'm only comparing/during that losing fights or having tough outing s extremely early in your career dissent hurt your potential as so many are trying to say about devon. Pac was KO twice and ended up winning belts in 7 classes. Devon had a tough outing against a severly underrated vert and not he's lost his potential and been exposed?

Posting from my Droid X with swype, sorry for typos.
                    Last edited by Kalion; 08-08-2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X