Limeys, what football team should I support

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
    Who one-starred my ****ty thread?

I have to look into Nottingham Forrest, I still remember playing with them when I had FIFA '99.
    Michael Owen FC

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...35_634x555.jpg

Comment

How wack is Newcaslte that they need a Mexican to lead them to victory? :down:

http://www.dvdtown.com/images/displayimage.php?id=5642

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
        Wigan Athletic!!

Its easy being a glory hunter and following a top 4 team. I support Wigan and go to most home games.
        Pffft.

Support the proper Latics, not a tin pot team with no tradition or history who've bought their way into The Premiership.

But Mangler, seriously, if you're looking for a team to support, don't look beyond you're nearest professional team. Support your local club, they're your team. Most of these people who claim to "support" Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool etc they don't support them at all. They support Sky, they pay Sky so they can watch their team. If you choose and English team, or any foreign team, or a team far away then you're not supporting them. Find you're nearest team, start going to matches, immerse yourself in the atmosphere, be apart of the club, cheer them on, enjoy the good times, drown your sorrows during the bad.

I watch lots of teams play on TV; Man Utd, Chelsea, City, Arsenal....in fact every week I see every team in The Premiership and Football League play, as I watch the highlights shows on BBC. Does that mean I support all those clubs? No. Because watching on TV is not supporting, that's just a form of entertainment. Support is something much more. I watch my local town Oldham play, near enough every home game and a few away games here and there, I support them. They're doing shít recently, in fact they've been dire. But they're my club, I can't just go supporting someone else, it's in my blood. I was born a Latic and I'll die a Latic.
        Last edited by Targaryen; 11-18-2009, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chosen View Post
          Pffft.

Support the proper Latics, not a tin pot team with no tradition or history who've bought their way into The Premiership.

But Mangler, seriously, if you're looking for a team to support, don't look beyond you're nearest professional team. Support your local club, they're your team. Most of these people who claim to "support" Man Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool etc they don't support them at all. They support Sky, they pay Sky so they can watch their team. If you choose and English team, or any foreign team, or a team far away then you're not supporting them. Find you're nearest team, start going to matches, immerse yourself in the atmosphere, be apart of the club, cheer them on, enjoy the good times, drown your sorrows during the bad.

I watch lots of teams play on TV; Man Utd, Chelsea, City, Arsenal....in fact every week I see every team in The Premiership and Football League play, as I watch the highlights shows on BBC. Does that mean I support all those clubs? No. Because watching on TV is not supporting, that's just a form of entertainment. Support is something much more. I watch my local town Oldham play, near enough every home game and a few away games here and there, I support them. They're doing shít recently, in fact they've been dire. But they're my club, I can't just go supporting someone else, it's in my blood. I was born a Latic and I'll die a Latic.
          Now that is a quality post. I have no time for all these glory hunting ****s we have nowadays. The only excuse for not supporting your local team is family links to another. I support my local team, and yeah they may not win anything thesedays, but following them around the country is ****ing great and I wouldn't change it in a million years for a bit of success.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chosen View Post
            Pffft.

Good post, I didn't think you were gonna have a good season after to seeing halifax beat you 2-1 in a pre season friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Monk View Post
              Now that is a quality post. I have no time for all these glory hunting ****s we have nowadays. The only excuse for not supporting your local team is family links to another. I support my local team, and yeah they may not win anything thesedays, but following them around the country is ****ing great and I wouldn't change it in a million years for a bit of success.
              Word. I green K'd him and you too,

Comment

Cheers guys.

Originally posted by beecherhq View Post
                Good post, I didn't think you were gonna have a good season after to seeing halifax beat you 2-1 in a pre season friendly.
                I missed that match, I chose to go up to watch us play Hyde a few days earlier but couldn't make the Halifax match. But as I recall we had a few trialists playing that game, but yeah pre-season doesn't really mean much results wise. I don't think we'll do anything special this season, probably finish 12th and build for next season.

Comment

I support Newcastle and I live nowhere near. I think France might be nearer.

Comment

Thread rated 5 stars for excelente!

Comment

I'm a Bolton Wanderers fan, I love the way they play, very physical and teams don't like to play them ...also Jay-Jay Okocha was the ****in man!!

It's up to you Mang jr. support whatever team your drawn to for whatever reason.... their logo, kit, players or stadium. If you want to support one of the big 4 then go ahead it's going to be your team you shouldn't care what other people think.

Comment

Working...
                      X