Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should commissions recover all fight equipment from cornermen after fights??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should commissions recover all fight equipment from cornermen after fights??

I watched the assualt in the ring special and it got me thinking, If Panama was doing this to the water how could anyone possibly know? Especially seeing as how the effect only takes place on a physically spent body. Wouldn't it make sense for the commission to sign off every piece of equipment IE (water bottles, hand wraps, and gloves) and recover them after the fight just in case something happens as did the resto collins fight. or the pryor arguello fight so they can backtrack and see if it was done before? if this was done we would know how long margarito has cheated, how many times panama dosed bottles ect....makes alot of sense to me what you guys think?

I think the better idea would be to have the commission issue all corner equipment. It would assure quality and uniformity in all fight equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
      I think the better idea would be to have the commission issue all corner equipment. It would assure quality and uniformity in all fight equipment.
      Co-sign. Also hiring commissioners and inspectors that actually do their jobs would be great.

Comment

Great idea, also, in case some of you don't know.... They use to wrap the fighters hands in the ring, not in the locker rooms. Or, I think the fighters hands were already wrapped, but the gloves weren't put on until they got in the ring.

Watch some old fights, I recently saw one, it was the 3rd Ali-Frazier fight, they didn't have their gloves on until they got inside the ring, and opposing corners sent one of their guys to check out the opponents wraps and gloves.

Comment

Good idea, but you have to remember that some fighters have contracts with certain brands. Robert Allen (still fighting in GA) has a contract with Dasani water...................Plus who would pay for the equipment, and would they regulate how many of each item a fighter can have. Some fighters have 3 or 4 bottles of water to douse on their heads/faces and one or two that they drink from...............I like the idea, and personally I feel the commissioner should have the promoter pay for the items, then the commissioner (or assistants) hold the items till the fighters respective fight starts.

Comment

Working...
          X