8. CREAM - Wu Tang
    7. Bring The Pain - Method Man
    6. Sabotage - Beastie Boys
    5. Code of the Streets - Gang Starr
    4. Shook One's Pt. 2 - Mobb Deep
    3. I Shot Ya remix - LL Cool J
    2. 10 Crack Commandments - BIG
    1. NY State of Mind - Nas

That was tough, i'm hurt right now, left so many legendary songs out especially from Pun, Kane, Big L, Kool G Rap and so many others. But sacrifices had to be made.

I edited this list like 10 times before clicking submit new thread.

I know M.O.P aren't known as east coast "ATG" but I would put "Cold as ice"in that list.

Underrated classic.

Comment

In the title I meant old school, so that would eliminate any 2000s songs. Preferably anything from 1999 and older.

Comment

2 live crew...get the fark out of my house...

Comment

The first song that popped into my head was "Hip Hop Hooray".

Comment

Also, T.R.O.Y. (Pete and CL), Come Clean (Jeru). Tribe and KRS could've easily been on the list too, and what about P.E. and The Roots? Kev, could you add the remainder of your list? you cheated by puttin Meth on there lol
            Last edited by kiaba360; 02-23-2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Also, T.R.O.Y. (Pete and CL), Come Clean (Jeru). Tribe and KRS could've easily been on the list too, and what about P.E. and The Roots? Kev, could you add the remainder of your list? you cheated by puttin Meth on there lol
              Top 10 of 1000s upon 1000s of East c songs will always be hard.

Why did I cheated by putting Bring the Pain?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Top 10 of 1000s upon 1000s of East c songs will always be hard.

Why did I cheated by putting Bring the Pain?
                I meant that you put Wu-Tang twice; but honestly, Wu-Tang is so prolific that the whole list could be made up of only their music. I agree with most of the artists, but not some of the song choices. I'll eventually make a list, maybe several.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 02-24-2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  I meant that you put Wu-Tang twice; but honestly, Wu-Tang is so prolific that the whole list could be made up of only their music. I agree with most of the artists, but not some of the song choices. I'll eventually make a list, maybe several.
                  Pharaohe monch is also someone I sadly left out. That was the fun part though, top 10 of a boxing division is easy. Top 10 of something like music is difficult, you have to make sacrifices.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Pharaohe monch is also someone I sadly left out. That was the fun part though, top 10 of a boxing division is easy. Top 10 of something like music is difficult, you have to make sacrifices.
                    I'm surprised you didn't put "The Symphony", which would've covered BDK and Kool G.

Part of my discomfort with making these lists is not having heard everything that the Coast has to offer. For example, I've still not explored Beastie Boys, Organized Konfusion, Mos Def, De La Soul, Digable Planets. I've also only heard 5 Wu-Tang albums (36 Chambers, Tical, Liquid Swords, Cuban Linx 1, Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang). I still have a ton of music to listen to before my list is anywhere near comprehensive.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 02-24-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X