No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Glad He Never Fought "Cheater" Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Or he wanted more money for himself instead of Arum taking a big cut, which is why he left.
    That guy didnt even read the whole article and of he did hes leaving out very important details about hatton and cotto fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Ever heard of Sergio Martinez bro?
      Hindsight is always 20/20 with some of you geniuses. Martinez was a nobody back then. Please try to use common sense next time 'bro'.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        And he wanted 10 million for hatton and cotto which he didnt get. So it was just this

He played his cards right and became the man. he knew it but arum didnt.

In the grand scheme of things margo is irrelevant. You want to see it as he was afraid and priced him out cause its Floyd but I see it as he double downed on himself and came out a huge winner. He didn't fight another TR fighter until Pac and didn't get cotto until he left arum by then Margo was a known cheater

Not that hard for me to understand.
        yes i understand floyd wanted more opponent control and he got it after leaving top rank. it was a gamble and it worked. except even when he was with top rank he refused to fight marg when marg was #1 and the biggest fight out there for him money wise. a way to sum it up would be he used his rising popularity to shield him from taking tough fights and he hoped his popularity would become so big that he could have complete control, and it worked. thats good for floyd but how is that good for the sport of boxing when he passed up a bunch of good matchups?

Comment

This article is making me feel so dehydrated.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            and sharmba mitchell was champ of what? bumland? when he fought him for 3 millino instead of marg for 7? IT JUST WASNT IN THE CARDS! FLOYD DOESN'T CARE ABOUT MONEY OH WAIT...thats the reason for fighting baldomir but not marg sorry i got yoru contradictions messed up
            ??? That was in 2005??? Stay on point. Lay off the drugs.

Your so FKN BIASED that your turning into an RTARD!

You DUMB FUK I'm MEXICAN and I thought Baldomir was the better fighter. He had BETTER wins. And MORE BELTS. Cheato wasn't even much on my radar. Once Baldomir BEAT Judah and Gotti he was the TALK of the town. AGAIN Cheato didn't become popular until AFTER 2006.

Comment

yes i understand floyd wanted more opponent control and he got it after leaving top rank. it was a gamble and it worked. except even when he was with top rank he refused to fight marg when marg was #1 and the biggest fight out there for him money wise. a way to sum it up would be he used his rising popularity to shield him from taking tough fights and he hoped his popularity would become so big that he could have complete control, and it worked. thats good for floyd but how is that good for the sport of boxing when he passed up a bunch of good matchups?
              Show me LINK??? I call BS!!! Bet it's NOT 2006.

Comment

He didnt refuse and he wasnt afraid.

Wasnt in the cards my man and oh well.

Comment

Judah was #1 at the time and Baldomir BEAT him.

Comment

Margarito was the #1 for all of 6 months until he got stopped in his very next fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
                      Hindsight is always 20/20 with some of you geniuses. Martinez was a nobody back then. Please try to use common sense next time 'bro'.
                      EXACTLY!! These DUMB FUKS are confusing 2008 for 2006.

Comment

Working...
                      X