Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light heavyweights moving to heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light heavyweights moving to heavyweight?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the age gone where light heavyweights move up to heavyweight to challenge for a title? I mean we had Spinks, Moorer, Jones, toney, but is there anyone on the horizon that might move up in the future? I mean there was Tomasz Adamek but cant think of anyone else. Also what about cruiserweights?

More CW's should move up, they'd easily crack the top 10. Notables were Adamek, Haye, Cunningham and briefly Huck, who will return there soon most likely. Kayode has moved up to HW.

Pointless for LHW's to move up until Wlad retires... not worth the risk otherwise. Tarver fought Aguilera at HW and I'm sure some larger LHW's could fight lower tier HW's but they'd be adding fat and it's not wise unless your career is already off track.

Comment

Have you seen the comparison when a light-heavy jumps up to cruiser? The difference is huge,so to answer your question yes it's the end.

Comment

I think it's quite extreme to go from 175 to fight some of the guys around today at 240+

Comment

Too big of a jump these days when the top HW is 6'6 245.

I think boxing needs to revamp the weight classes for more modern times.

Comment

I think Tarver is fighting at HW these days.

Comment

Working...
            X