Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He big as **** against Marquez lol

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
      No he is not small. Looking at the mayweather mosley fight did you stop and tell yourself damn mayweather looks considerably smaller? Probably not.
      He's not a big welter weight, never has been. He may have appeared that way in the Mosley bout; but Shane has been lacking the juice for a while now and no longer looks yoked. I'm sure the age plays a factor in that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        This is a MUCH, MUCH tougher fight for Floyd than people realize.
        No it isn't.

Comment

i remember floyd looking pretty swole against marquez

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Jab View Post
            i remember floyd looking pretty swole against marquez
            I never saw the huge size difference everybody talked about. Actually, if you go back through their careers, Floyd has been about a division bigger.

Comment

Interesting observation- all of his best performances took place when he came in lighter. Lighter as in not gaining as much from weigh-in to fight night.

Corrales

Bruseles

Zab

Castillo II

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                I never saw the huge size difference everybody talked about. Actually, if you go back through their careers, Floyd has been about a division bigger.

yeah, if you compare him to pacquiao weights at certain weight classes.
                he actually weighs less on fight night at 140 and below.

Comment

Originally posted by OralLepercy View Post
                  yeah, if you compare him to pacquiao weights at certain weight classes.
                  he actually weighs less on fight night at 140 and below.
                  Now, I had no problem withthe fight, because MARQUEZ wanted it. H wanted to try Floyd, and he got the fight. Made good money.

But now that we know what Marquez is at WW, why does he need to go back there again?

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                    He's not a big welter weight, never has been. He may have appeared that way in the Mosley bout; but Shane has been lacking the juice for a while now and no longer looks yoked. I'm sure the age plays a factor in that as well.
                    As Steward had said during the fight, Mayweather didn't look bigger, just tighter/stronger then Mosley, but Mosley has always been able to put more muscle on his frame then other guys his size.

I the weigh-in you can say Mosley's back was much larger and wider then Mayweather's.

I agree with the ts, Mayweather isn't a huge ww, he doesn't come in to fights having rehydrated 15 lbs. At this stage of his career i'd imagine he rehydrates at most, 6-8lbs.

Also based on my observation of the footage on 24/7 as well as the interview on fighthype, Mayweather actually looks smaller when he's not training for a fight.

Comment

mayweather at 129.5 lb

Comment

Working...
                      X