Tito Ortiz response to Dana White

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    This is complete bs. Totally untrue.

The average pay on a UFC card is far higher than the average pay on a Showtime boxing card.

On the MayMac undercard there were boxers getting 3500 in total. how pathetic is that? In comparison, the minimum show purse on UFC Khabib Mcgregor was 20k with a guaranteed win bonus for the winner.

So stop talking complete bs. The top top boxers earn more than the top top UFC fighters, if you include Mayweather. But since he's retired, the number one paid fighter is McGregor according to Forbes.
    Fighters on UFC undercards are mostly top fighters too though. Not completely unknowns. How much do the UFC fighters get paid on the non PPV undercards?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Fighters on UFC undercards are mostly top fighters too though. Not completely unknowns. How much do the UFC fighters get paid on the non PPV undercards?
      You don't think it's a fair comparison to compare a big UFC card to the biggest boxing card in boxing history?

Fair comparison to me.

Comment

You don't think it's a fair comparison to compare a big UFC card to the biggest boxing card in boxing history?

Fair comparison to me.
        No because the UFC stack their cards and can select from ant fighter in the company. Boxing doesn't, they have one or two quality fights and then fill the card with prospects and unknowns. UFC sticks their prospects and unknowns on smaller shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          That last part are "promotion/sponsorship" money you bozo not their purses for the event lmfao.

Man idk why boxing fans don't care nothing about MMA unless money gets mentioned.

Come on man I expect better from you. You aren't ******ed like a bunch of these mfers are.

And as I've mentioned a million f#cking times to you not even casual MMA fans locker room bonuses are a thing in MMA at ALL LEVELS not just the UFC. This is some sh^t that isn't even a thing in boxing so how would you know about it, but all the same its something that exists. Consider it like Haymon second checks except these guys don't gotta be with Haymon to get their second checks.

Randomly Frank Mir gots one of the best locker room bonus stories I've heard.
          You right my bad I don't follow MMA I googled the purses for the last non PPV Fight Night UFC card and that's what came up. I just searched even more and here are their purses. But my point still stands here are the PURSES

https://thesportsdaily.com/2018/11/1...ce-gate-fox11/

Attendance: 11,426
          Gate: $946,706

Donald Cerrone: $390,000 ($160,000 to show, $160,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $20,000 fight week incentive pay)

Yair Rodriguez: $209,000 ($52,000 to show, $52,000 win bonus, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)

Beneil Dariush: $106,000 ($48,000 to show, $48,000 win bonus, $10,000 fight week incentive pay)

Chan Sung Jung: $78,000 ($23,000 to show, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)

Mike Perry: $47,000 ($42,000 to show, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)

Germaine de Randamie: $40,600 ($15,000 to show, $15,000 win bonus, $5,600 fine for missing weight, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)

Davi Ramos: $32,000 ($14,000 to show, $14,000 win bonus, $4,000 fight week incentive pay)

Mark De La Rosa: $31,500 ($14,000 to show, $14,000 win bonus, $3,500 fight week incentive pay)

Chas Skelly: $30,000 ($25,000 to show, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)

Ashley Yoder: $28,000 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 win bonus, $4,000 fight week incentive pay)

Eric Shelton: $28,000 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 win bonus, $4,000 fight week incentive pay)

Raquel Pennington: $27,400 ($28,000 to show, $5,600 fine for missing weight, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)

Amanda Cooper: $24,000 ($19,000 to show, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)

Maycee Barber: $23,500 ($10,000 to show, $10,000 win bonus, $3,500 fight week incentive pay)

Mike Trizano: $23,500 ($10,000 to show, $10,000 win bonus, $3,500 fight week incentive pay)

Bobby Moffett: $23,500 ($10,000 to show, $10,000 win bonus, $3,500 fight week incentive pay)

Devonte Smith: $23,500 ($10,000 to show, $10,000 win bonus, $3,500 fight week incentive pay)

John Gunther: $17,000 ($12,000 to show, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)

Luis Pena: $15,500 ($12,000 to show, $3,500 fight week incentive pay)

Julian Erosa: $15,500 ($12,000 to show, $3,500 fight week incentive pay)

Joseph Morales: $15,500 ($12,000 to show, $3,500 fight week incentive pay)

Joby Sanchez: $15,000 ($10,000 to show, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)

Thiago Moises: $13,500 ($10,000 to show, $3,500 fight week incentive pay)

Hannah Cifers: $13,500 ($10,000 to show, $3,500 fight week incentive pay)

The entire card in addition to the Promotional Compliance bullshyt paid it's fighters a total of less 1.5M. Now back to what I said Terrance Crawford just fought on NON PPV and made 3.6M himself more then DOUBLE what UFC's last big NON PPV paid it's entire card. Every HBO/Showtime/ESPN main event pays more then UFC pays their main event and damn near all of these HBO/Showtime/ESPN cards pay the A list fighter more then the entire phuking UFC cards combine pay. Do you deny that Boxers aren't being paid more? If so here's a great breakdown of the numbers from bloodyelbow that prove it.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/2...n-mma-fighters
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 11-28-2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/2...n-mma-fighters

Why do boxers make more than MMA fighters?

A look at the reported payouts in boxing compared to mixed martial arts and why the athletes in one sport seem to make more.

By John S. Nash
            Aug 23, 2016

it appears as if MMA fighters on average are worse off than their boxing counterparts. Of the 1,320 boxing purses we looked at, 299 (or 23%) of them were for $1,000 or less, while of the 826 MMA fighter purses 400 (48%) were for $1,000 or less. Even though MMA fighters payouts made up only 38% of the total collected they were 57% of all prizefighters that were paid $1,000 or less on a bout.

The reverse was mostly true as well, with a much higher number of boxers occupying the very top of the pay ladder. Of the top 100 purses, those making $116,000 or more, 68 were paid to boxers. Of the 19 biggest purses, all were paid to boxers. The highest reported MMA purse was Anderson Silva and his $800,000 from UFC 183, which was tied with three boxers for 20th place on our list of highest paid purse.

One reason not given but which you see in raised in comment threads often was the idea that boxers made more because boxing generated more money. This was shot down by the promoters I spoke to who pointed out that, with the exception of the Mayweather-Pacquiao megafight, over the last few years the UFC has seen higher revenues than boxing in the United States. The UFC's FOX deal pays almost twice as much as that of the HBO and Showtime's current boxing budgets combined. The UFC regularly sells more payperviews and generates more revenue per year than boxing does. The UFC also collect revenue from sources that most boxing promoters do not, such as video games, merchandise, and gyms.

The sad truth is most MMA fighters make less than boxers, a sport that itself has a long and terrible history of taking advantage of its athletes. The even sadder truth is that matching boxing may be the best thing MMA fighters can ask for.

Removing the top boxers like Floyd and Pacquaio the numbers are still highly tilted to boxers DESPITE the fact that UFC has more revenue streams and generates more money per year they pay their fighters less of that larger pie. Like I said UFC phuking robbing their fighters.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 11-28-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

hahahhahahha

this guy doesn't even look into his research
              He's making you look stupid right now.

UFC pay structure for the fighters is not some kind of secret. Chuck and Tito helped build an empire.

They arent pissed just because.

Comment

i always hated tito's attitude but he kept it 100 this time! respect!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  Oh it likely was a disgrace, since guys were in their 40’s. Anyone who paid should have expected that though. Just like whoever paid for Berbick vs Ali.

But Dana should have kept his mouth shut IMO. I hate seeing promoters talk **** about other promoters cards. It’s become something that happened often lately. Hate it.
                  the people who paid for this fight knew the outcome. they paid for it to support chuck/tito. both fans were out in full force. chuck brought out a bunch of his supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    No because the UFC stack their cards and can select from ant fighter in the company. Boxing doesn't, they have one or two quality fights and then fill the card with prospects and unknowns. UFC sticks their prospects and unknowns on smaller shows.
                    EXACTLY! Saying the least amount a fighter was paid on Mcgregor UFC undercard is 20K where as on Floyd PPV there was someone making 3K so UFC fighters make more then boxers? LMAO This motherphuker is too stupid to realize that makes it WORSE. On Boxing PPVs of course you have fighters at the very bottom of the card making less. All but 1 maybe 2 if you really lucky 3 under card fights are with top level fighters the REST of the card is filled with prospects just getting experience. Where as the UFC PPV will put top fighters, world champs on the entire undercard fighters on the 5th, 6th or even earlier in the night. Fighters of that caliber are not fighting on the 5th or 6th undercard fight in boxing making just 20K instead they are headlining and defending their titles as a main event on their own card and making maybe a million dollars you phuking idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      He's been talking shyt about Oscar and the Ortiz/Liddell fight. Dana white is a phuking hypocrite saying Liddell is my friend and shouldn't of been allowed to fight. A friend yet you robbed him all those years? A friend yet you haven't talked to him since the fight or stopped him from fighting by phuking paying him. And he thinks old guys shouldn't be allowed to fight? Yet allowed old azzz James toney who isn't even a MMA fighter fight. What about kimbo slice? What about today begging to force a about to be 42 year old Floyd to step in a cage and fight? If he could make a penny he would force his mother into a cage and try and make money from it.
                      Dont forget 39yo CM Punk.

Comment

Working...
                      X