No announcement yet.

I think I just tore my calf

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I just tore my calf

I was jumping rope. During round 12, my final round, it felt like I got shot by a small caliber rifle, or a pellet rifle maybe. I almost went back down on that foot, but something didn't feel right about that last movement and I decided to feel it out, and I sat down on my bucket when I knew it wasn't right, got my stuff together and limped off.

So, I'm icing it every 2 hours, for 20 min. I just slugged back some turmeric with black pepper, ate some anchovies, that should do well for inflammation.

My symptoms - I can only really move by keeping the sprained (left) foot ****ed to the side, I can't put much weight on it at all. this is my first calf sprain. I'm upset about this because I am very passionate about my rope work, my jump roping is part of what keeps me whole.
    Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 01-02-2018, 08:49 PM.

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
    I was jumping rope. During round 12, my final round, it felt like I got shot by a small caliber rifle, or a pellet rifle maybe. I almost went back down on that foot, but something didn't feel right about that last movement and I decided to feel it out, and I sat down on my bucket when I knew it wasn't right, got my stuff together and limped off.

So, I'm icing it every 2 hours, for 20 min. I just slugged back some turmeric with black pepper, ate some anchovies, that should do well for inflammation.

My symptoms - I can only really move by keeping the sprained (left) foot ****ed to the side, I can't put much weight on it at all. this is my first calf sprain. I'm upset about this because I am very passionate about my rope work, my jump roping is part of what keeps me whole.
    Have you tried going to a doctor? Maybe get some prescribed medication for the injury.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Have you tried going to a doctor? Maybe get some prescribed medication for the injury.
      didnt goto a doctor, because no insurance. but, if I had insurance, I probably still wouldn't go because I don't like centralized healthcare. but I'll tell you what helped me - kratom. I had some in a drawer lying around, it was Red Horn strain of kratom.

Comment

Try doing some foot exercise, If the pain still persist, them maybe, there is some muscle injury.

Comment

didnt goto a doctor, because no insurance. but, if I had insurance, I probably still wouldn't go because I don't like centralized healthcare. but I'll tell you what helped me - kratom. I had some in a drawer lying around, it was Red Horn strain of kratom.
          What about one of those Urgent Care places? I think they charge like 50 bucks a visit from my experience.

Comment

little better today, walking a little on it. Did some light bag work, tomorrow I'll walk some more and see how it plays out. seems like by the day I can put more weight on it.

Comment

little better today, walking a little on it. Did some light bag work, tomorrow I'll walk some more and see how it plays out. seems like by the day I can put more weight on it.
              Try to put the least strain on your legs.

Comment

How can you be without insurance lol.

Comment

If you have friend with insurance who looks somehow similiar to you use his personality and leggo.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedef View Post
                    How can you be without insurance lol.
                    Do you work for yourself, or do you work for a company?

Comment

Working...
                    X