No announcement yet.

Gloves pros wear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves pros wear?

I noticed alot of them wear reyes and thats great but the majority wear grants and I thought winnings are better or at least on par with grant but I dont see any boxers wearing them anyone know why? Also why dont any cruiser/heavyweights wear reyes I think that would make kos much easier

Winning are pillows

Not sure why so many wear Grants, they must feel better and protect their hands opposed to Reyes

Comment

Depends on what the fighters like. Winning are huge. Most pros use them for sparring these days.

Comment

Reyes. If you can afford them do it. Buy em.

Just got a pair

Comment

I own Rival, Everlast, Cleto Reyes and Grant 8oz professional gloves. Grant is overwhelmingly the best. Overwhelmingly. I have half a dozen pairs and they all fit the hands immaculately. Excellent protection, feels like a set of lightweight ergonomic bricks strapped to your fists.

Comment

Grant are hit and miss. I've had 3 misses in a row. Their consumer gloves are often ill fitting because their QC sucks. The company doesn't give a damn.

Winning tend to be a little soft in the ring but the most protective for sparring.

Comment

I use cleto Reyes you get what you pay for.
              boxers choose gloves based on their style
              mayweather has hand problems and is a defensive fighter. He used to use cleto reyes till he started hurting his woman hands and switched to grants which have more padding on the wrist for support and stability . And softer padding on the handed
              I think he usses winning gloves to spar might as well wear pillows

Pac man used Reyes as he is a puncher and what's to hurt you cleto are more packs and firm on the fist

Cotto wears everlasting which are in between grants and cleto soft enough for protection but but also a stiffness for banging kinda like cottos style

Comment

it often comes down to money [a deal either fighter has with a sponsor.]

certain commissions only allow certain gloves. many commissions require you to wear the same glove as your opponent.

winning are the best gloves. they're made the best, wear the least for a modern glove, are the most comfortable by all accounts, and they provide the best protection for your hands. they don't allow you to do a ton of damage, as they have a more formed outer shell [ i think it's synthetic leather in a winning glove,] and are very well padded int he knuckles. grant are the same way, only they use real leather, at least in every grant i've ever owned.

everlast has several gloves. the MX is the glove many punchers use, inlcuding chino maidana when he get s a chance. the other two are a boxer's glove [what ward uses, it's well padded and formed] and a hybrid of both. this may have changed some, as i haven't bought a boxing glove in around five years.

reyes are a classic mexican puncher's glove. loose leather [this is what cuts people,] horse hair over the knuckles, soft leather, padding that moves around and is loose.

a soft glove sounds nice, but a real puncher will put his knuckles on you, and that's what does the damage. a hard glove feels and sounds like it would be hard on you and your sparring partners, but once they're broken in they're actually much better.

\

Comment

Originally posted by twrx View Post
                  I use cleto Reyes you get what you pay for.
                  boxers choose gloves based on their style
                  mayweather has hand problems and is a defensive fighter. He used to use cleto reyes till he started hurting his woman hands and switched to grants which have more padding on the wrist for support and stability . And softer padding on the handed
                  I think he usses winning gloves to spar might as well wear pillows

Pac man used Reyes as he is a puncher and what's to hurt you cleto are more packs and firm on the fist

Cotto wears everlasting which are in between grants and cleto soft enough for protection but but also a stiffness for banging kinda like cottos style

everlast has several pro gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody_Knuckles View Post
                    I noticed alot of them wear reyes and thats great but the majority wear grants and I thought winnings are better or at least on par with grant but I dont see any boxers wearing them anyone know why? Also why dont any cruiser/heavyweights wear reyes I think that would make kos much easier
                    The majority wear Everlast.

Comment

Working...
                    X