No announcement yet.

Bert Sugar Interview: "Primo Carnera Kills Wladimir Klitschko"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maverock View Post
    Primo Carnera wouldn't last 2 rounds with either Klit.
    Depends if they play it safe and soften him up with the jab first, i would say a KO within 6-8 rounds but who knows what would have happend.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Words of a man with who only knows about the Klitschkos, really shows how old you are as well, go kill myself because I told you that Vitali is identical to Carnera, pretty mature, what are you 10 or something ?.

I never said Carnera beats them by the way and neither did Abbey, you should learn to read better.
      dude,,,if you think vitali is identical to carnera you need your head examined. vitali is much faster,,,,better defense,,,better chin and better power. they may have some similarities in style but vitali does everything ten times better
      moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
        dude,,,if you think vitali is identical to carnera you need your head examined. vitali is much faster,,,,better defense,,,better chin and better power. they may have some similarities in style but vitali does everything ten times better
        I meant in style, read my other posts instead of just one =.=, have already said that Vitali had far better intangibles.

Comment

Cool, Bert just exposed himself as being a ****ing idiot.

Senility must be getting to him.

Comment

This man's opinion should never be taken seriously again.

Comment

seriously, this guy oves to spout about old time fighters. but at least choose a fighter who was respected. carnera is the definition of a hype job, and whats worse is everyone knew it. bert, shame on u...

Comment

This interview was taken just after the Wlad Ibragimov fight, so Bert was probably just peeved at having sat through that stinker of a fight (and stinker it was). Saying that, I've always found Sugar to be an irritating and arrogant blowhard whose vast boxing knowledge is belied by his utter inability to view fighters post 1950s in any sort of objective light, thus rendering anything he has to say almost worthless from an analytical point of view. Needless to say, he's popular with the old school brigade who use his aggrandizing nonsense to bolster their own delusional and overinflated opinions of the pre-war fighters (whom I respect but don't worship at the feet of) usually at the expense of downgrading or ridiculing the modern generation of (generally non-American) heavyweights like Lewis and the Klits who, so far as I know, have never uttered a bad word about those guys. Honestly, Bert Sugar can go suck on a cigar.

Comment

https://youtu.be/c5quyoCm8kA?si=GeemVGZozH3e6_Go wlad even in his 3rd match showed he was way more advanced than the whole louis novice like era

And no one looks like they would last even 1min vs even that early of wlad
                  Last edited by Ascended; 01-03-2024, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X