Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Can't Puerto Rican Fighters Put Two English Words Together?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Nah man. You can't be 100% percent Africans. No Blacks who were born and raised for generations over the New World can be.
    I said take it with a grain of salt. That's what the DNA test said not me. However you need to research the Gullah people.

Because of a period of relative isolation from whites while working on large plantations in rural areas, the Africans, drawn from a variety of Central and West African ethnic groups, developed a creole culture that has preserved much of their African linguistic and cultural heritage from various peoples; in addition, they absorbed new influences from the region. The Gullah people speak an English-based creole language containing many African loanwords and influenced by African languages in grammar and sentence structure. Sometimes referred to as "Sea Island Creole" by linguists and scholars, the Gullah language is especially related to and almost identical to Bahamian Creole.

If the DNA test says I am 100% African I am going to take it. No colonizer in me. I never wanted no European in me I never did. And my hair is pretty siky too. Long live the Empire of Mansa Musa

Comment

It's not 5%. It's actually high even though my outward appearance doesn't show it.

Plus your ancestors are from Eastern Europe, mine are from Western Europe.

So as I said, different cloths we are cut from.

And as you know Western Europeans were who ran sh**t.

Sure, if you need something to help you feel more superior to me in life and if that 5% from Western Europe will help you accomplish that goal then by all means go head and celebrate, but remember I am ultimately American.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        I don't understand, you have these fighters from Eastern Europe like Klitschko and elsewhere learn to speak the English language fluently, meanwhile Puerto Rico is an America territory and their people American citizens yet they can't put two words in English together? What kind of stupid policy are they running in Puerto Rico where they aren't teaching kids from first grade to speak English...
        I went to Orlando and Miami on vacation years back. As you may already know Miami is like a melting pot for Latinos mostly from Cuba, South America, and Orlando has a ton of Puerto Ricans. Anyways, in Miami and Orlando I noticed the Cubans and Puerto Ricans would get upset right away if they were approached in English. I even witnessed this firsthand in large American franchise restaurants.

Comment

Why can't pieces of s**t like Golovkin, Lomachenko, and Usyk learn English?

Comment

Originally posted by 187 Proof View Post
            Why can't pieces of s**t like Golovkin, Lomachenko, and Usyk learn English?
            They do, thats the problem, these guys learn the language, but the supposed citizens of the USA do not. Mind you their English isn't spectacular but they are atleast trying their best.

Comment

Amen, Brother.
              God is good....All the time!
              I've been very busy with lots of stuff and haven't had an opportunity to log in through my desktop, but just to show you evidence of everything that I've been claiming, here it is...judge it yourself my friend:

I'm embarrassed for Foxnews, but deep down some people plain hate us.

Also, the Bible quote:

Matthew 5:43-48

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Comment

Insensitive and miseducated? Im speaking from what I see jackass, look at all these Puerto Rican fighters out of Puerto Rico, like the guys from last night, or even guys like Tito Trinidad or Miguel Cotto, none of them can string two words in English together, yet they're American citizens. Puerto Rico can do whatever it likes on its island, its just blatantly obvious that they are disadvantaging their people by not teaching them English in school, not just to understand it, but to speak, write, and read it fluently.
                I lived there for ten years and you are mistaken. Then you say the eastern Europeans can do it when they have moved here and years after an interview. Half of the time you couldn't even understand Loma and on the end he ask for his interpreter because he could keep up.

But yet a guy like you will just talk out of your azz. Almost everything is English over there in college and English is deep in the schools and every movie in the movie theater is in English with Spanish subtitles. Why you think when the PR population migrate here they adapt so easily. Because they are Americanized and the language is not such a barrier.

But as by your limited observation makes it a fact what ever opinion is that you have

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  I lived there for ten years and you are mistaken. Then you say the eastern Europeans can do it when they have moved here and years after an interview. Half of the time you couldn't even understand Loma and on the end he ask for his interpreter because he could keep up.

But yet a guy like you will just talk out of your azz. Almost everything is English over there in college and English is deep in the schools and every movie in the movie theater is in English with Spanish subtitles. Why you think when the PR population migrate here they adapt so easily. Because they are Americanized and the language is not such a barrier.

But as by your limited observation makes it a fact what ever opinion is that you have
                  My limited observation are you kidding me? Guy, if what you say is true then why are these Puerto Rican fighters all speak Spanish after just completing a fight in the states. I don't care how bad Loma's English is, the guy grew up in a land 1000 miles away and is atleast trying his best, meanwhile his opponent Pedraza, an American citizen, who apparently has all of these "English" influences in his home country from school to TV, cannot string a sentence together.

Put aside your feelings and realize how preposterous that is, its not so much a knock on the fighters as it is on the politics over there. You can have Spanish as your first language, but damn, equip your people your students with the best knowledge of English that you possibly can in the case that they ever decide to migrate to the states.

Last edited by JimRaynor; 12-10-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Speak the language of your ancestors? Your ancestors are from Europe? You confused or something little quashie. Continue typing in English batty boy, and don't ever forget that that's the language that dominates you. Even if it was Spanish it'd still be the language of my ancestors from Europe you dumb little b1tch.
                    You think the English language was created solely by Europeans?

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                      You think the English language was created solely by Europeans?
                      Yes, modern day English language was 100% created by the Europeans.

Comment

Working...
                      X