Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxnation commentary for Lomachenko-Rigondeaux. Bias gone too far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxnation commentary is OK IMO, but can be really bias if (for example) Liam Smith, Daniel Dubois or Antony Yarde are fighting...but I guess a lot of the time the commentators are told by Warren to big up his fighters.

Sky Sports bias is terrible, they don't even pretend to be fair. Joshua could whip out his schlong and play the Star Spangled Banner and the commentators would say stuff like "such a unique talent, so powerful, so humble, improving every fight, landing at will etc, etc..."

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
      Gotta love the BS attempt to rewrite the narrative of the Salido fight. "It was only Loma's second pro event". "Arum threw Loma to the wolves before he was ready!". It's just straight up sad watching Loma fanboys & Top Rank shills in the boxing media pretend Salido wasn't meant to an easy showcase fight for Loma. Salido was a +400 underdog against Loma. +400 points! To put that number into perspective, McGregor was a smaller underdog vs Mayweather!

The shameless fanboys trying to downplay what was an awful loss are why people "hate" on Loma
      On the other hand you also have people suggesting that the Salido loss means that Lomachenko can never be considered an elite fighter which is just as much Bull****. Same ol' same on the 'Scene.

Comment

They’re not as bad as Sky

Sky basically said Joshua carried Takam haha

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
          Boxnation commentary is OK IMO, but can be really bias if (for example) Liam Smith, Daniel Dubois or Antony Yarde are fighting...but I guess a lot of the time the commentators are told by Warren to big up his fighters.

Sky Sports bias is terrible, they don't even pretend to be fair. Joshua could whip out his schlong and play the Star Spangled Banner and the commentators would say stuff like "such a unique talent, so powerful, so humble, improving every fight, landing at will etc, etc..."
          How is he gonna play the Spangled Banner on his dick? Like stretch it out to get different notes or something? Now that genuinely would be a unique talent.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            I have always thought they were biased, Barry Jones especially and the other guy gets influenced by him.

I though they were pro-Golovkin against Canelo.

I also thought they were pro-Mayweather for any fight they covered of his. Barry Jones literally would barely mention any punch that was landed on Floyd, and would go crazy every time Floyd landed a combination, and it generally just became a noshing fest. Floyd was a genius, but jesus just call the round.

That is the problem with most commentators I find, they try and tell the fight as a story, so the play by play starts having to fit into their script. Whereas they should just call the action and do less analysing, it would be so much better.

Al Bernstein is the least annoying I find, because he doesn't mind changing his opinion during a fight, depending on how the fight is going, he will stand to be corrected.
            During the Floyd-Canelo fight Barry said Floyd is the type of fighter he wants to see lose lol he’s definitely not pro Mayweather.

Comment

All these commentators are ridiculous these days, absolutely incapable of staying neutral. Its infuriating how often I have to mute. The only commentator for me that gives great insight from a technical perspective and keeps it 100 these days is Paulie.
              Did anyone else have the misfortune of listening to the commentary for Degale vs Truax? Degale was getting the cr4p beaten out of him and they were going on like they were swing rounds or Degale was winning them. Degale was doing nothing but trying to survive getting tee'd off on they'd go silent not acknowledging anything until Degale would miss 3 slaps out of sheer desperation ''great work from Degale''. Like really? Smh

Comment

I listened to commentary which had Tim Bradley on, not sure which US carrier that was but it was biased.

But for me they all are, Boxnation, SKY, HBO, Showtime. It's somewhat understandable though as they're trying to sell us their product.

Comment

Good post, Dan...this crazy pushing of Lomachenko as "The Face" of Boxing is going to end up working against him though...just like it did with Pacquiao...downplaying, lying about, or trying to sweep pertinent info under the rug isn't palatable and usually doesn't fly...

Unless you're a sheep or superfan of Lomachenko's...

Pity, because I appreciate his skills and how he admitted the Truth about the fight the other night...that's Class....he is a solid A level fighter and a Top 3, no doubter P4Per with the potential to be a "Great"...but I can see him losing again...just like he did in the one they want you to forget...

We've seen it a hundred times..."Loma > Duran"...lol...smh

Nuthuggers really do their fighter 0 favors and almost always set up their object of affection's downfall....they never learn.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I picked up on that too!

Since when does an announcer throw his opinion in there on the wins and loss's?

"And fighter A in the blue corner with a record of 20 wins, 1 loss and 5 robberies"

Just announce the record.
                    WFT did he really say that??? lmaooooooo wow

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                      WFT did he really say that??? lmaooooooo wow
                      Haha nah he didn't say what I quoted that was just an example.

But he did say "one disputed loss"

Comment

Working...
                      X