Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will people ever accept that fact that LENNOX LEWIS with his size, strength and style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you're telling me Rahman and McCall (both 6'2" journeymen) can beat Lewis but Ali (6' 3"), Foreman (6' 4"), Liston (6' 1"), Holmes (6' 4"), Norton (6' 3") would all be to small and not enough skills for Lewis?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      He is very good but try to remember that two very average heavyweights knocked a prime Lewis out, cold as a cucumber on ice. He avenged those two KO losses but if he was as great as you say he is he shouldn't have lost those two fights in the first place.
      Lots of great fighters lost to bums and it wasn't like they outboxed him, he was KO'd which can happen at any time at HW.

Comment

I'd certainly say he has a very good case in any match-up.

Comment

He would never beat a prime bruvva

Comment

He's top 10, but not the best.

There are at least a dozen champions of the past who would get to his chin.

Comment

Based on accomplishments I have Lewis at number three of all time. He is, by far, my favorite fighter of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                So you're telling me Rahman and McCall (both 6'2" journeymen) can beat Lewis but Ali (6' 3"), Foreman (6' 4"), Liston (6' 1"), Holmes (6' 4"), Norton (6' 3") would all be to small and not enough skills for Lewis?
                For once I actually agree with you, all the names would beat Lewis and beat him comfortably.You can also add the likes of Lyle, Prime Tyson and Frazier to the list imo

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                  He is a top heavyweight no doubt, but he got KO by two journeymen and that's what hurts his legacy.
                  Plus he was losing to Vitali Klitschko before Vitali was forced to stop via doctor stepping in, If that carried on Vitali would have went on to beating Lennox Lewis.
                  Stylistically Lennox Lewis isn't unbeatable I also thought that Ray Mercer should hold a win over LL who in my opinion outworked/outhussled Lewis through the majority of the fight.

A good fighter but nope definitely wouldn't go unbeaten all the way through time, If Marciano was a bit bigger I'd definitely favour him to beat Lewis the only reason I don't is because Marciano is more of a light heavy or a cruiser at best.

Comment

TBH honest. Head to head once more. I would favor Vitali Klitschko against Lennox Lewis, and yes in his prime still I would favor a prime Vitali. It's just because of that cut, it ****ed everything up for Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                      Plus he was losing to Vitali Klitschko before Vitali was forced to stop via doctor stepping in, If that carried on Vitali would have went on to beating Lennox Lewis.
                      Stylistically Lennox Lewis isn't unbeatable I also thought that Ray Mercer should hold a win over LL who in my opinion outworked/outhussled Lewis through the majority of the fight.

A good fighter but nope definitely wouldn't go unbeaten all the way through time, If Marciano was a bit bigger I'd definitely favour him to beat Lewis the only reason I don't is because Marciano is more of a light heavy or a cruiser at best.
                      Hmm I see, good post and I'll take your word for it. I never really followed the heavyweight division myself, I always found it boring until Iron Mike came on the scene.

I guess you can label LL as a glass cannon, big power but no chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X