Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first-ever edition of Boxing Monthly..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first-ever edition of Boxing Monthly..

Somebody scan it and show me the Eubank profile, please.

JuyJuy,it was May 1989 and there was a profile on Eubank where it basically says this-

Eubank had just started to take boxing seriously,
    Eubank had recently changed his name from Eubanks to Eubank(deleting the 's' from his surname),
    Ronnie Davies was Eubanks manager in 1988 upto the Logan fight and his trainers were martial arts guys, (I dont think Ronnie Davies became his trainer until 1990),
    Barry Hearn became his manager and promoter after the Logan fight,
    Brendan Ingle worked in Eubanks corner back then and theres a pic of a young Naseem Hamed in the ring after a Eubank fight,
    Chris worked as an assistant for his brother Peter in his two fights with Barry Mcguigan before his dad took him to New York because Chris was always getting into trouble,
    He started at the Jerome boxing club on Westchester Avenue in the South Bronx,
    He lost his first five amateur fights,
    He showed his fiercely improved skills to get a silver medal at Empire state games in 1984 and after the guy who beat him got injured it was Eubanks who went to St Louis for the national golden gloves,
    Eubanks got to the finals of the golden gloves with no trainer,
    In december 84 he beat Dennis Milton in the final of the spanish golden gloves to win that tournament and very briefly become number-one jr-middleweight in the USA with Frank Tate having turned pro,
    Eubanks quit boxing right after he won the spanish golden gloves despite many offers to turn pro,
    He finished with 26 amateur fights (19 wins,7 losses),
    He had five fights in atlantic city a few years later to pay his mothers bills,he won them all with no training,
    When he got back to england he worked as Herol Grahams sparring partner but fell out with Graham and Brendan Ingle just before the profile was written,
    Eubank had been making offers to Benn and Watson and wanted to fight the winner of Benn v Watson,

I also know Eubank worked as sparring partner for Mike Mccallum just before Mccallum fought Herol Graham and he gave Mccallum advise because he had fallen out with Graham and Ingle. Eubank once said about Mccallum "take his body punching away and he is not in my class".

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilistic_Polarbear
      JuyJuy,it was May 1989 and there was a profile on Eubank where it basically says this-

Eubank had recently changed his name from Eubanks to Eubank(deleting the 's' from his surname),
      Ronnie Davies was Eubanks manager in 1988 upto the Logan fight and his trainers were martial arts guys, (I dont think Ronnie Davies became his trainer until 1990),
      Brendan Ingle worked in Eubanks corner back then and theres a pic of a young Naseem Hamed in the ring after a Eubank fight,
      Chris worked as an assistant for his brother Peter in his two fights with Barry Mcguigan before his dad took him to New York because Chris was always getting into trouble,
      He showed his fiercely improved skills to get a silver medal at Empire state games in 1984 and after the guy who beat him got injured it was Eubanks who went to St Louis for the national golden gloves,
      In december 84 he beat Dennis Milton in the final of the spanish golden gloves to win that tournament and very briefly become number-one jr-middleweight in the USA with Frank Tate having turned pro,
      Eubanks quit boxing right after he won the spanish golden gloves despite many offers to turn pro,
      He had five fights in atlantic city a few years later to pay his mothers bills,he won them all with no training,
      When he got back to england he worked as Herol Grahams sparring partner but fell out with Graham and Brendan Ingle just before the profile was written,
      Eubank had been making offers to Benn and Watson and wanted to fight the winner of Benn v Watson,

I also know Eubank worked as sparring partner for Mike Mccallum just before Mccallum fought Herol Graham and he gave Mccallum advise because he had fallen out with Graham and Ingle. Eubank once said about Mccallum "take his body punching away and he is not in my class".
      ill say thanks for JUYJUY since he is too busy masterbating to this information at the moment

Comment

FALSE EUBANK INFO... "He showed his fiercely improved skills to get a silver medal at Empire state games in 1984 and after the guy who beat him got injured it was Eubanks who went to St Louis for the national golden gloves"

OK LOL I hate to break it to JUY but the winner of the Empire State Games does NOT go to the National Golden Gloves in any year!! AND NYC DIDNT SEND A TEAM IN 1984, ANYWAY, so Eubank did NOT GO. PERIOD. THIS INFO IS WRONG!!

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
          FALSE EUBANK INFO... "He showed his fiercely improved skills to get a silver medal at Empire state games in 1984 and after the guy who beat him got injured it was Eubanks who went to St Louis for the national golden gloves"

OK LOL I hate to break it to JUY but the winner of the Empire State Games does NOT go to the National Golden Gloves in any year!! AND NYC DIDNT SEND A TEAM IN 1984, ANYWAY, so Eubank did NOT GO. PERIOD. THIS INFO IS WRONG!!
          Well its all in print in boxing monthly magazine,everything I typed is straight from there.

Comment

Yeah but I want to see it

Comment

Eubank, I mean, JuyJuy, is that you?

Comment

this guy is talking absloute crap I am going to find the boxing monthly he is talking about

if anybody wants any issues of boxing monthly let me i scan it for them

Comment

Originally posted by rudy
                  this guy is talking absloute crap I am going to find the boxing monthly he is talking about

if anybody wants any issues of boxing monthly let me i scan it for them
                  ya like scanning mags huh

Comment

ive got all the issues of BM ill scan it, dont know why tho since its for JUy

Comment

Working...
                    X