This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
    i wouldnt say i dont recommend it, it offers good protection and its high quality but the chin strap could choke you because for whatever reason they put it right at that spot where it chokes you if you tighten it. its not too bad like you cant breath but it annoyed me, you can feel it putting pressure on your adams apple as you move you head back and forth

heres a video and he talks about it at the 2:15 mark and you can see where the chin strap is exactly
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oQ5wz7Eku4
    Ahh ok. Yeah that is really annoying. When I first started, this headgear I used used to really choke me and it was annoying.

What other high quality headgear would you recommend? I really want to buy some good so I'm happy with it. I don't want to buy like grant gloves and everlast headgear. I really want a nice combo. Heard Winning products are good but very expensive.

Comment

i have winning products and theyre definitely worth it. very expensive though.

the headgear is by far the best on the market. extremely comfortable, light and best protection. gloves and cup the same actually.

Comment

Look at these:

Price? 199.99.

Comment

My Lonsdale boots cost me £30 light as hell and so damn comfortable

Comment

A set of Winning gloves, headgear, protector will only cost you about $100 more than Grant. I would save up and get the Winning.

Comment

And for shoes, I like Asics wrestling shoes.

Comment

Looks like Freddi is kitting himself right out .

Comment

Originally posted by cletomex View Post
                  A set of Winning gloves, headgear, protector will only cost you about $100 more than Grant. I would save up and get the Winning.
                  Winning would cost me $645 and grant $539. Exactly $106... you're probably right but which is better? I know everyone is going to say Winning but I like how the grant looks... I dunno. I hate making decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
                    I am getting back into boxing and thinking about buying some good gear this time.

I'm really confused about headgears because I don't know what to get. I am thinking about getting grant gloves, even though they are pretty expensive. Speaking of expensive, I was looking for Winning equipment and wow. Too much $$$.

Thinking of getting this:

or should I go with red?

nahhh homiee get them in blueeee they fckin look sick!!
                    i got the black/red 1's and i wish i would of gotten a diffreent color and blue really stands out. really nice color

and as for the jordan . i had them b4 (white/grey) and they felt this stiff nice feel to them. i liked them tbh and i got alot of compliments aswell with my grant gloves lol
                    Last edited by supRa; 10-19-2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

winning you wont regret it. grants are a slight step above cletos and winning just beats everything else especially the headgear and gloves.

Comment

Working...
                      X