Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Makes Rigondeaux Quit After Six For TKO Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really disappointing how it turned out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Boring ass fight.
      rigo knew holding was his only way in, once the ref took that away he knew hed be destroyed n said fk it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
        I had Rigo winning rd 1, thought he might actually pull it off but he seemed to switch off and Lomo dominated rest of fight although he didn't really land any thing of note.

Not sure if Rigo quit or not but he clearly could have gone on...even for the fans who seemed to be enjoying his defensive skills.
        Agreed. Maybe Rigo did hurt his hand...but while Loma was clowning him, he wasn't being hurt...

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
          none of them were hurt, stop being so damn tacky if your ass was in the midst of us ud be quite as a mouse. grow the hell up n stop with this race bullsht people are born dark some are light wtf man
          I fear no man and never idiots like you

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Boring ass fight.
            You just sour cuz Loma took your boy and made him embarrassed over there. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
              What do you mean he was no longer the fighter he once was. Rigo never got to that portion of his career in order to say such a thing. His pro career was not a normal career, it did not have a typical beginning stage which he took at least 20 fights to learn the pro game( which is much different than the amateurs). The 2nd stage of his career would of entailed gaining a lot of pro experience and using that wisdom to become a dominant champion. Rigo's career simply stalled in the early stage of his pro career due to his pride, arrogance, stubbornness, bad judgement, and terrible management. He never made it out of that 1st stage of his career. The Donaire fight was supposed to be the ending of it, but instead he stalled after the Donaire fight then he regressed back to fighting low level, beginners type fights.

He never transitioned from an amateur boxer into a pro-boxer. He still views the pros as just a continuation of amateur style boxing. This is due to several reasons. 1 after all these yrs at the pro level he only has 17 fights. He was lucky to fight once a yr. This was because of bad management, refusal to change up his style, and fighters not wanting to risk fighting him.

So instead of saying he is no longer the fighter he once was or to paraphrase he is past his prime. It is as if Rigo had the beginnings of a pro career and then skipped right to the end of it without any middle portion which makes up a fighters prime. It is just sad how this happened. This happened to a lesser extent to Gamboa. It is happening to L. Ortiz. Cuban fighters seem to be the center of this kind of slow career suicide. This is systematic with former Cuban amateur fighters. No doubt growing up in a Communist system had a large role in their inability to make independent, wise career decisions.
              No1 reads your replies because they’re too long and YDKSAB give it up and find video game forum or something boxing isnt for you give it up not even being a fan is for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                Loma is the king of boxing.
                lol this is why your shiiitty country never has and never will have a world champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                  rigo knew holding was his only way in, once the ref took that away he knew hed be destroyed n said fk it.
                  I would of advised Rigo to catch and shoot with that pity-pat style, I didnt even see Rigo even using as many feints I would like from a technical stance ; Guillermo was just waiting on a opening to catch Loma, maybe he thought that would change the fight.
                  Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
                  You just sour cuz Loma took your boy and made him embarrassed over there. LOL
                  I picked Lomachenko, and theres a social group called the 'Lomachenko Fan Club' guess whos in it?

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
                    LOL! Bring Teddy Back! Did anyone hear the broadcast crew? The question was asked about "Mexican Style Boxing!" Nobody could answer?

I thought to myself this is F---en stupid!

Teddy at least would have mentioned the great Julio Cesar Chavez. Mexican Style has more to do with professional background. The majority of Mexicans put more emphasis on entertainment. They have technical knowledge, but prefer to fight than to box, to give the people what they want to see. The great Chavez Sr.

Finito Lopez, Salvador Sanchez, Julio Cesar Chavez and Juan Manuel Marquez. Mexicans tend to be pressure fighters, with varying degrees of skill when it comes to: head movement, footwork, and ring generalship.

They are known for there resiliency and take two to give one mentality. A lot of Mexican greats don’t come from an amateur background and thus aren’t as robotic, fluid as Americans.
                    Your over thinking it simply put a mexican style fighter fights with a LOT of heart. No quit no matter what could be losing every round 10-7 and a mexican style fighter will still finish the fight

Comment

• Happy I changed channels to HBO after the 3rd round . Great war with Salido and Roman ... No regrets !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X