Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin v. Paul Williams (Pre Martinez KO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn I miss the part 160 lol

Comment

by all rights (and lefts), pw should have been an ATG.....but we deal in reality.

he had major flaws and would be too eager to mix it up. 3g gets inside and ends him late within 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        PWill wasn't effective at MW. PWill at 147 beats Gennady definitely
        yeah, probably

Comment

Golovkin. Wouldn't even be competitive for long.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
            yeah, probably
            Keep in mind Gennady says 154-168, but drags 147'ers up 13 pounds to 160.

Conversly PWill really did fight 147-160 and took on the most avoided guys. Nothing but respect for Paul Williams and I hope he's still kicking ass

Comment

Williams was too easy to hit and he never used his footwork, distance or his height very well. Williams wouldn't give GGG the kind of trouble that Jacobs gave him.

Golovkin would KO Williams in the mid rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                Keep in mind Gennady says 154-168, but drags 147'ers up 13 pounds to 160.

Conversly PWill really did fight 147-160 and took on the most avoided guys. Nothing but respect for Paul Williams and I hope he's still kicking ass
                moving up is easier than moving down. did pw move back down to ww once he went mw ? i dont recall

Comment

Great fight, but Williams was at his worst at that weight. GGG got this and I'm a big Williams fan.

Comment

golovkin would crush paul Williams..

Horrible matchup for the punisher.

Around that era, Williams, Kirkland and Angulo were the action fighters, but no defense and got lit up everytime they faced true elite guys

Comment

Working...
                    X