Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Japanese Babe Ruth just signed with the only team that would let him hit & pitch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont get why pitchers arent good hitters across the board. they know they would have to swing a bat. might as well do it right.

baseball purist and their ''the dh sucks because a pitcher has to bat.'' rant

i dont know what he will do when hes not pitching. dh maybe ?

im betting hes not the hitter hes made out to be and becomes a full time pitcher

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
      if this guy is as good as they say, he and trout together may very well be a problem.
      Giancarlo Stanton, 2017 NL MVP, is very close to signing with the Yankees.

Judge+Stanton+Sanchez+Bird+Gregorious. That's going to be a big problem if they stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
        i dont get why pitchers arent good hitters across the board. they know they would have to swing a bat. might as well do it right.

baseball purist and their ''the dh sucks because a pitcher has to bat.'' rant

i dont know what he will do when hes not pitching. dh maybe ?

im betting hes not the hitter hes made out to be and becomes a full time pitcher
        You'd have to play baseball at a higher level than little league to answer your question about pitcher's having to be good batters.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          You'd have to play baseball at a higher level than little league to answer your question about pitcher's having to be good batters.
          i understand that not every one is a good hitter......

BUT DAMN !!!!!

no position in mlb is such a putz. mlb is old AF and i cant remember when a pitcher didnt bat last.

maybe you can shed some light

let me start it off by saying pitchers cant claim they have no time

Comment

Judge+Stanton+Sanchez+Bird+Gregorious. That's going to be a big problem if they stay healthy.
            if nothing else, nyy will have to build a bigger stadium to fit all of the new fans.

Comment

if nothing else, nyy will have to build a bigger stadium to fit all of the new fans.
              Yep.

Some numbers: In 2017 they hit 111 home runs (52 Judge and 59 Stanton), drove in 246 RBI's (114 Judge, 132 Stanton), scored 251 runs (128 Judge, 123 Stanton), and walked 212 times (Judge 127, Stanton 85) in total. Judge and Stanton in the same lineup would be a freak show. they are big, powerful hitters who are also actually pretty good hitters, Judge batting .284 and Stanton .281.

The Yankees made it to Game 7 of ALCS as is, missing Bird for the majority of the season (great hitter), Sanchez for the 1st month of the season, Tanaka struggling badly in the first half, and Jacoby Ellsbury turning out to be a big bust and waste of money.

Comment

i understand that not every one is a good hitter......

BUT DAMN !!!!!

no position in mlb is such a putz. mlb is old AF and i cant remember when a pitcher didnt bat last.

maybe you can shed some light

let me start it off by saying pitchers cant claim they have no time
                I never played baseball above little league

I just know you'd have to play above that level to grasp why it's so hard, I don't know how hard it really is at the top level. I pitched and batted too, but it doesn't matter, the level I played was kids level, 8, 12,15,17 years old.

Comment

Yep.

Some numbers: In 2017 they hit 111 home runs (52 Judge and 59 Stanton), drove in 246 RBI's (114 Judge, 132 Stanton), scored 251 runs (128 Judge, 123 Stanton), and walked 212 times (Judge 127, Stanton 85) in total. Judge and Stanton in the same lineup would be a freak show. they are big, powerful hitters who are also actually pretty good hitters, Judge batting .284 and Stanton .281.

The Yankees made it to Game 7 of ALCS as is, missing Bird for the majority of the season (great hitter), Sanchez for the 1st month of the season, Tanaka struggling badly in the first half, and Jacoby Ellsbury turning out to be a big bust and waste of money.
                  yes to all of the above. now, can boone stay out of the way and not try to ''manage'' too much ? its exactly what torre did. fill out line up card, sit for a few hours and signal for mo from time to time.

I never played baseball above little league

I just know you'd have to play above that level to grasp why it's so hard, I don't know how hard it really is at the top level. I pitched and batted too, but it doesn't matter, the level I played was kids level, 8, 12,15,17 years old.
                  me neither. just little league pick up games.

i just find it very strange that the only position that almost universally sucks at hitting is the pitcher. they pitch 1 game a week and cant find time in a batting cage ?!?!?

this is why i find it impossible to to give a pitcher an mvp.

they maybe pitch 5 complete games a season
                  they only play 1/4 of a season
                  they cant win without their team hitting (a team can win with bad pitching)
                  they are 99% of the time their own teams enemy when they bat......

a pitcher wants to be the league mvp, play 100 games.

end rant

Comment

that's so jacked if they can keep that core and add stanton ... smdh

Comment

Yep.

The dimensions of the new Yankee stadium are a joke. Right field is like a minor league or high school distance. I'm old enough to have seen Yogi Berra hit home runs in the old REAL Stadium, and I realize the distance to the right field seats were designed for Babe Ruth, and there had been many changes to the outfield dimensions, but left center was known as "Death Valley" and there were Monuments on the field in center!

I'm not taking away anything from Stanton and Judge...there is no stadium that they can't destroy...but guys like Granderson and the like hit way more homers than they do in other stadiums.

Comment

Working...
                      X