Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deviated Septum and nasal breathing issues?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
    Yeah everything worked out man. A little worried that my nose may be a little more prone to bleeding, but wasn't bleeding terribly and has helped me pick up on something I need to improve.

I do a good job at attacking from angles and with head movement, etc but after throwing a 3-6 punch combo I end up back in the pocket and once I stop throwing have a tendency to get caught with something wide or from below (prob not able to see them as well with the headgear and something I most likely have picked up from padwork/heavy bag work). So working on making sure I either continue my movement out to a side or get back out once I finish those longer combos.
    I remember when I broke my nose the first time and had it fixed, I was paranoid of getting it hit again for quite a while.

Comment

Only in a sport as absolute and brutal as boxing can a man change the way another man's brain functions in terms of masculinity or feminity by adjusting the nasal pathway percentages of allowed oxygen. Breathing techniques have you to close off one nostril and breathe for periods of time, 15 minutes for example with the right closed off makes you suck in air through the left, makes the left hemisphere of the brain work, making more feminine /creative side emerge. Suck air through the right nostril with the left closed off, and the right masculine hemisphere begins to emerge. great boxers have both masculinity and feminity together in their style, the masculinity reserved for destruction, the feminity reserved for self-preservation, sympathy, and cowardice. So if a guy gets his nose slammed and breathes funny outta one nostril, there's deeper repercussions.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
        So if a guy gets his nose slammed and breathes funny outta one nostril, there's deeper repercussions.
        Totally agree, which is why some guys have quite in fights over broken noses.

Comment

Working...
        X