No announcement yet.

What should I be doing in the boxing gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I be doing in the boxing gym

I’ve been boxing for about 4 months now and want to compete and become real good at the sport. My gym does personal training and it have adult boxing classes. Every day I usually either just take an adult boxing class and then spar after or I just train by myself. So far there is no coach training me full on to compete. What should I be doing in the gym and what should I tell the coach. Oh and is taking the adult boxing class of any use for me or a waste of time

Mopping the floor.

Comment

Probably the wrong section for this...expect to get trolled by a bunch of fat idiots who have never boxed competitively.

Edit: see above post for proof

Comment

Go to a dedicated Boxing gym that's full of fighters, thats where you will learn.

Comment

Ask the coach to train you silly.

Comment

You should be carrying spit buckets and pulling pubes out of the soap in the showers. Haven't you watched the Rocky movies?

Comment

Find a gym that has competing amateurs. Go at least 3 times a week. Spar as much as you can with as many different partners as you can. Try to run a few days a week to start, if your really serious run every day. Your coach should start taking you seriously once he sees your there lots and putting in the work. Adult boxing class to me sounds like "boxing fitness" and not training to fight in the ring. If this is true its probably about as useful as going for a run but nowhere near as effective as the training most amateurs do daily. Tell your coach you want to fight after you've shown your coach you want to fight. The minimum work the amateurs I train with put in is 3 hours a day, 3 days a week at the gym and 10+ miles a week running. The serious fighters do alot more than that. If you've been training 4 months already it shouldnt take you long to get ready for your 1st fight. At our gym most comitted fighters have there 1st fight within 3 months to a year of starting.

Comment

Just take it slow, visit the gym everyday, get in the sights, get a feel for the place, the atmosphere and the people.

Then just start watching the best fighters and try to get in their circle, talk to them, get their numbers ask for private lessons.

And then let them plow you in the ass.

Comment

You should be boxing.

Comment

The ONLY thing you should be doing is finding a gym where you will have a coach. Everything else is fitness boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X