Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Gennady Golovkin lack power in his jabs? Why Canelo's face was barely marked?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginger had loaded gloves

Comment

Please let there be a knockout this time.

I dont care who win as long as it ends before the final bell!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        As far as Golovkins face being marked up. When you checked post fight pics from other fights was the swelling worse or about the same?
        Post-fight pics of who?

Comment

His jab is equivalent to a straight right doe

Comment

the obvious answer is because Golovkin was more confident in the first fight, so setting up his traditional power jabs and timing was largely taken away given the distance Canelo was at which was closer?

it looked like GGGs jabs looked less effective than the first fight. surely fighting backwards effected 25 percent of GGGs timing for proper jabs. however GGG had better shots in the second fight that werent jabs of course.

the ginger is younger, is peaking, ggg got a year older, and VADA started 120 days out... doesnt the Ginger and Golovkin usually start 50 days out with VADA for major fights?

Comment

I think he was throwing to land as oppose to throwing to hurt because he was struggling to find Canelo. In both fights.

Comment

2 fights both he was outlanded in power punches, completely wiped out in body shots because he was scared to throw any, had lower connect rate, all he could land is jabs...and you wonder why his face looked a mess?

Easy... jabs don't hurt or ruin your face much as power punches. I don't care who's jab it is and with all the missing from GGG a lot of them didn't have shyt on it a lot of arm and distance finding jabs. When you miss 1100 punches and only land 14 body punches after 2 fights and your face broke you don't have the right to complain about the decisions.

Went from killer to mangled up, walked down, beat up...but look he landed more jabs. lol Canelo face has been marked up way worse in tons of fights against smaller fighters. He wasn't marked up because GGG can't land nothing but the jab. his face is marked up because canelo lands whatever power shots he wants upstairs and downstairs. Canelo is consistently landed the more damaging blows. He turned GGG into a 1 dimensional fight using his back foot the first fight to whoop him and using his front foot the second fight to whoop him. Stop trying to make excuses Canelo is just the better fighter.

Comment

Lol that jab rocked Canelos head all the way back man...his face might have bot been that markes up but his spine was.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      I think he was throwing to land as oppose to throwing to hurt because he was struggling to find Canelo. In both fights.
                      Great point when you struggling to land and are missing so much you start freaking out a bit and start saying let me just try to land ANYTHING even if it's not with power or not clean. And like you said this is now story for BOTH fights with GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X