Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Fighters Be Given Credit For Having A Defense First Style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Fighters Be Given Credit For Having A Defense First Style?

It's much easier to be defensive if you are not engaging offensively. Fighters that go into a fight with the mindset of AVOIDING actual fighting has actually conned the simple minded people into thinking it's actual skills.

It's much easier to walk into a fight and just dance around on the outside..... then clinch in close.... land a couple shots. then call it around.

Much harder to go bring the fight to the opponent and still be defensively responsible.

They get credit for having a winning style. I don't care how they fight if they win.

Comment

No, because they're boring ******* who are bad for the sport

they all need to get their purses drastically reduced

The UFC fires boring wrestlers all the time, they want KO's to keep the fans entertained and it has worked very well for them

boxing should create rules to prevent the defensive minded wusses from stinking up the joint

take away points for running and hugging at least

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
        They get credit for having a winning style. I don't care how they fight if they win.

beta cuck detected.

"Doesn't matter if the fight is full of hugging and running. as long as you win. I'm happy for you!" - Mindless beta cuckold

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
          No, because they're boring ******* who are bad for the sport

they all need to get their purses drastically reduced

The UFC fires boring wrestlers all the time, they want KO's to keep the fans entertained and it has worked very well for them

boxing should create rules to prevent the defensive minded wusses from stinking up the joint

take away points for running and hugging at least

Comment

You can admit the skill and talent of someone like Rigo and also find it boring. I can give the defense first guys all the credit in the world, I'm just not going to go out of my way to watch their fights.

Comment

i wonder if people actually spar here.

tomorrow walk into the sparring session. don't engage offensively. your entire initiative is to round around the ring and bend at the waist then hug in close.

It's so easy Charlie Zelenoff pulled it off against Deontay WIlder.

True fights and risks occur during exchanges. It's much harder to walk forward throwing your punch while minimizing the incoming risks. it comes twice as fast because of your momentum forward.

The slick boxing fans have been conned by Maywaether and Bernard to praise their snorefests. They sheepishly repeat their narrative too. OH IT'S SLICK BRUV! IT'S SKILLS! IT'S PURE SKILLS TO LAND 2 PUNCHES AROUND AND 10 HUGS!

Comment

So if you get into a fight you actually WANT TO GET HIT??? fighters who can avoid punishment do!! THOSE WHO LACK THE SKILLS HAVE TO DO WHAT THEY HAVE TO DO

Comment

Originally posted by Rich2123 View Post
                  You can admit the skill and talent of someone like Rigo and also find it boring. I can give the defense first guys all the credit in the world, I'm just not going to go out of my way to watch their fights.

there is no credit to be given. they just have completely thrown the "fight" aspect of a fight out of it. they are just looking to run. hold. bend at the waist. then win by 2 jabs a round.

then call you dumb for not understanding their craft.

Comment

You sound like the type of guy who says........if he stood in one spot i could hit him...lol

Comment

Working...
                    X