Boxing and protein shakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing and protein shakes

Hey guys,

I don't weight lift at all, I just do my boxing, sit-ups, push-ups, running, etc...I wanna stay lean and fast, since my speed is kinda my strenght.

I sometimes take a low-sugar protein shake right after my training and I wanna know if it's good for a boxer or just someone who doesn't weight lift at all beacause I've heard all kinds of rumors about it. I don't weight lift because I want to stay fast. I've heard protein shakes can slow you down just like weight lifting because they ''fill up your muscles'' therefore make them grow.

I honestly started taking them just to repair them and have good muscles support.

Thanks alot guys for your knowledge!

your body can't tell the difference between lifting weights and boxing they both cause tension and break down your muscles so protein is mandatory for recovery ... forget all those myths unless your taking PEDS it took me 2 years to add 2" to my arms and i lift weights 5 days out of every week year round

Comment

Thanks mate!

Comment

Supplements have been scientifically proven to have positive benefits for athletes, you can't argue with science. I recommend taking whey protein immediately after a workout when protein synthesis is at its highest. Your muscles will recover much quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Madan View Post
          Hey guys,

I don't weight lift at all, I just do my boxing, sit-ups, push-ups, running, etc...I wanna stay lean and fast, since my speed is kinda my strenght.

I sometimes take a low-sugar protein shake right after my training and I wanna know if it's good for a boxer or just someone who doesn't weight lift at all beacause I've heard all kinds of rumors about it. I don't weight lift because I want to stay fast. I've heard protein shakes can slow you down just like weight lifting because they ''fill up your muscles'' therefore make them grow.
          Whoever told you this, I would never listen to anything they ever tell you again.

Protein shakes can't slow you down. It's just protein which you're already taking in though your normal diet, like every time you eat meat for example. The protein in your diet doesn't slow you down, protein shakes won't either.

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
            your body can't tell the difference between lifting weights and boxing they both cause tension and break down your muscles so protein is mandatory for recovery ... forget all those myths unless your taking PEDS it took me 2 years to add 2" to my arms and i lift weights 5 days out of every week year round
            How much stronger did you get in those 2 years? How much more weight could you bicep curl dumbbell or machine for your usual routine ?

Comment

My stomach can't handle whey protein supplements.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                How much stronger did you get in those 2 years? How much more weight could you bicep curl dumbbell or machine for your usual routine ?
                when i first started i was doing my sets of reps with 60 now i do my working sets with 120 double from what i started and thats for every body part except squats i neglected them up intill 1 year ago i quadrupled my first starting working set ... working sets are always 4-8 reps ... try getting a better brand protein if your stomach is unable to handle the current stuff or up your enzyme game

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
                  when i first started i was doing my sets of reps with 60 now i do my working sets with 120 double from what i started and thats for every body part except squats i neglected them up intill 1 year ago i quadrupled my first starting working set ... working sets are always 4-8 reps ... try getting a better brand protein if your stomach is unable to handle the current stuff or up your enzyme game
                  Do you agree that increased size doesn't directly correlate to increased strength over, let's say, a high volume workout of 20 sets with a 8-10 rep range?

I'm getting way stronger. And it's not only over a 1 rep max. I can sustain the increased workload for a high volume workout BUT I'm not increasing in size. In fact, I've lost weight. I'm 74kg, 6 foot 2, which is 163 pounds and 188cm.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    My stomach can't handle whey protein supplements.

Whey protein is just powdered food. Try swapping brands or it maybe what you're mixing it with. If you've been mixing with water then switch brands and if that don't change then you might be lactose intolerant.

Comment

Working...
                    X